The best apps for expats in Italy

Hello,

We invite you to share information regarding some of the apps that have helped to facilitate your move abroad in Italy. This will help expats-to-be who are making the move as well.

Which apps did you use while preparing your move to Italy?

What apps do you use the most for your everyday life in Italy: whether it's for transport, managing finances, general information, learning the language of your host country, leisure activities, etc.?

How does this technology help you in your everyday life as an expat?

Which apps would you recommend to expatriates in Italy and why?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Google translate it's a most for people who are not to confident with the italian language

Hello every1..in my case i didn't use any app before travelling to italy..but for my daily life..as i live in bari...i use bari smart app for travelling.. ( bus hours..tickets etc)..bari social app to be up to date for whatever happening in bari... dove conviene app for all the promos in ur locations.. and poste italiane app for money transactions etc.... hope its helpful

Some apps I've found useful are

Quizpatente: Preparatory quizzes for obtaining your Italian drivers' license
Italian verbs:  Helpful conjugation app if you know the verb but are unsure of the correct tense to use
Units Plus:  Helpful measurement conversion app
Meetup: App to help meet fellow expat communities or other groups with your same interests
Serie A TIM:  Official app for fans of the Italian soccer/football league

A few of my favourites.

Vert: I use this app for unit conversions (including currencies)

Moovit: For public transportation times, schedules and stations

Hotel Tonight: Excellent last minute hotel booking app. Payment is via app and only a select, thoroughly vetted, few establishments (of all comfort and prize ranges) are featured. All you have to do is show up at reception.

After living in italia for a month I just discovered to stay for a longer time than 90days just go to the local PO, Postalaire get an app. For permesso di soggiuorno then return it and wait 90 days from rome.

Hello Priscilla, we find Trainline a very good App for booking train journeys all through Europe!  :top:

Thank you all so much for these great recommendations!! Grazie a tutte!!