Moving to Mexico City - prepaid debit card? or open a bank account?

Hello, I only have a bank account in Thailand that I will be closing, when I move to Mexico City in January 2021.

Is there somewhere I can get a prepaid debit card when I arrive in Mexico?
Or is it possible to open a bank account when I arrive in Mexico?

Thanks so much for any advice.

note: I saw in another post "Don't worry too much about an electric bill not being in your name. The bank just wants to know that the address actually exists and not made up".

So maybe I could just use an Airbnb address, to get a bank account open?

The vast majority of people that move to Mexico keep at least one bank account open in their home country, then use an ATM card to access their money. Many never open a bank account in Mexico. Since I don't see it discussed all that much, I don't know what is required in Mexico for a bank account.

I found out since the monthly income increase to get a Mexico temp resident visa, I will not qualify. So I will just keep my  savings in Thailand open and use that.

Would be nice if I could get a prepaid debit card when I arrive in Mexico City?

I believe you need a residency permit (temporary or permanent) to open a bank account here as a foreigner.

If you bank online and haven't left Thailand yet,  you might want to change the info they have on file for verifying your identity. If a phone number is required and you don't yet have one for Mexico, I'm not sure how you would do that. 

I've had an an account with Krungsri for years, but because I no longer have access to my old Thailand telephone number, I can't use their mobile app on my new iphone.  I can still check my balance and make deposits by logging in with my laptop, but I can't make transfers.

Also, my ATM card doesn't work here though Krungsri tells me there is no reason it shouldn't.