Use of PrePaid MasterCard in Mexico

I only have a PrePaid MasterCard and would like to spend 6 months in Mexico.  I'm wondering if anyone has used this option in order to receive money from the ATM machines.  Thanks!

I'm moving also. Called direct express and they said that it would work in banks and ATMs but you must inform direct express so they open it for international use. If not..and you try to use atm...in Mexico..your card will be blocked as your normal area is not Mexico. So call direct express and inform them of dates and general area you will be living.  But yes...you will have issue if you don't report the move. I just did this and I'm still scared. We shall know soon. Good luck.

Thank you so much!  Wishing you all the best on your new adventure!

Yes dear. And happy travels to you also. I will be in Merida in 2 weeks. I will let you know if my card works. I am withdrawing my living expense money before I go. Just in case I have issue I have money untill I can fix it it or figure it out. I will let you know soon! Take care!

Hi
I have direct experience with this problem! It took 3 months to get it fixed! I was in the Philippines and failed to alert direct express and my card was blocked first ATM use! However I was always allowed to buy in stores while paying at checkout or customer service! But I have been too at least 20 different countries since then and no problem as I called direct express and stayed on phone until i spoke with live person while they noted my account! Once you are active for International Travel no problem but still wise to let them know any out of area trips! Be sure when you talk to live person you ask to be able to be transferred to Fraud Dept. they have the final say!!! Be sure you get the Phone number from him that will connect you to his office in future calls! You will be speaking to someone in Indiana or Austin Texas so be sure you are calling based on those time zones! Be sure to register with US State Dept so they have your info on file in case you get stranded! They can provide you with some info that may help! In Mexico try to only use your card inside a reputable business and never at the gas pump!

Dennis