Moving to Brasil

Hey everyone!

I have some questions regarding the CRNM.
When applying for the autorization of residency do they issue the RNE the same day? And do they take my passport when applying for the CRNM . I heard it takes months to get issued. And can i travel out of the country with my valid VITEM XI and RNE and return?
Thank you

First under which Viper category. Family reunion, Retirement, or others?
CRNM is RNE so basically the same.
Once you apply with the required documents. (All documents must bear either the official seal or the stamp of the issuing authority and it must subsequently be legalized by the Brazil Consulate.) You apply at the PF office you will be living in. The PF issues you a number (Protocol).
You would be the first I know that was accepted in one day. Consulate issues visas, but the MJ/DPF has the final say if you will be considered as a resident!
One requirement of the application is a certified copy of ALL  pages of your passport, so No they do not keep your passport.
Yes, it can take months (in normal times, which we are not today), and most all of us make many trips to and from the PF office until all documents are accepted and sent to Brasilia.
Once approved you will have the protocol and you can travel but cannot be out of Brasil over 24 months. Once all is approved the CRNM card is sent to the PF office you applied, and you sign and on your way.
As said there are some documents required for all types of permanent visas and each has more or fewer requirements.
If you enter on a tourist visa. Start the process ASAP, because your initial 30 days and possibly the extension of an additional 30 days will pass!

Hey thanks  for the reply. Hey i got the vitem xi visa all the required documents i just need to fill online and get the appointement.
My job requires a lot of traveling and my wife decided to reside in  brasil. What happens if i pass the 90 days required ? Do i loose my vitem xI visa?

If you have a VITEM XI, that has different rules from a tourist visa:  it has an expiration date, and you're fine until then.  If, in the "No. of Entries" area, it says "Multiplas", you can enter and leave Brazil freely during the validity shown on the visa.

You should file the necessary documents for your CRNM ASAP, because as Tex says, it may take several months for the card to be issued.  I had mine in a month back in 2017, and that was the fastest I've ever heard of - and of course, pre-covid.