Looking to work in real estate in SP or Rio

Hi everyone,

I'm networking to find a position in the real estate sector that's based in Sao Paulo or Rio.  My background is as a commercial real estate transactional attorney. I'm looking for something on the "client side", working for a developer, operator or private equity group.  Working with a law firm isn't an option.

Many thanks.

Dan

Hi Dan,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I wish you good luck in your job search and i hope other members will be able to help you.

Christine

hey dan

do you speak portuguese? and can you work legaly? the real estate market in SP at least is hot, so if you can work here and speak the language it wont be hard for you to find a job. I myself am working as a sales rep for a company called Abyara, just got back from canada not too long ago and in 2 months after i arived in BR i was working with them already.

Hi Dan,

I'm a Brazilian lawyer - not in the real estate sector, though.

In order to work as a real estate agent, one must be enrolled before CRECI (Conselho Regional de Corretores Imobiliarios - or in a direct translation: Local Council of Real Estate Agents). It requires at least a course named "Tecnico em Transacoes Imobiliarias". I believe it takes one year, but there are online courses a well (There is also longer courses of 2 and 4 years). You can find further information at CRECI - Sao Paulo website: www.crecisp.gov.br.

To work as "real estate transactional attorney", as you might already know, you should be enrolled before the Brazilian Bar Association, which is more trick, since you've got to have a Law diploma valid in Brazil.

Nonetheless, your professional background and proficiency in English might be really valuable for some companies.
[Moderated: no free ads on the forum]

Hope it helps.

Flavia

Thanks, Flavia!