Setting up a small business in Turkey

Hi,

I want to do either one or both, can someone guide me on the process and how much the setup will cost me approximately:

Option 1: Opening a small restaurant (renting the space and renovating it if needed to suit my needs)
Option 2: Getting a trade license (one that will allow me to import/export cars from abroad to Turkey)

I want to know;
a. Licenses required
b. How much time will it take to obtain those licenses
c. Cost of those licenses

And once the above formalities are complete, will that be enough to get me and my family a work visa? (I obviously would then live in Istanbul to run the above-mentioned business)

Thanks!

I think that a resturant is an easier option
because of the pandemic there is no trade right now actually

Thanks! Do you have any idea about the  Restaurant licenses - time and cost?

It depends on many things !

Hi
Friends,
Everyone's talking here.
to open a business = accountant
for other law = lawyer
a lawyer cannot open your business. definitely have to be an accountant

I couldnt disagree more.
In order to open a Company, in other words, a legal entity, which is the topic here, legal Paper ( article of associations, founders declaration, Chamber of commerce form etc) must be prepared with the assistance of a Lawyer. Needless to say, all this procedure is regulated under Commercial Law.  Lawyers also advise its clients about the best incorporation options ( limited company, joint stock Company..) available according to its clients' scope of business  and business goals. Tax Law, commercial Law and specific regulations for foreigners must be taken into account throughout this process. And yes I am Lawyer.

:thanks:

Thanks for all the info - Can you share contact info of someone reliable we can connect with?

Also, a key question - can I get residence visa for my family when I register for a restaurant via a sole proprietorship?

Very much interested in any verified recommendations as language barrier is an issue and also knowing that you aren't getting foreigner rates when getting quotes.

Assalam U alaikum!!! Bushra you can apply for residence with family here by your own. It's an easy process with 3 basic steps.