Who has applied for Turkish citizenship through investment

Hello, I would like to connect with people who have submitted their documents for Turkish citizenship through investment program. Kindly share your experience, how long you have been waiting for and if your papers have moved from the ‘archival research' stage. I have been waiting now for three months and still no news... thanks

Hi. For me it's now the 4th month and still no news. I see u had applied on aug 2019, did u get it finally?

I plan to relocate to Turkey next year, if possible, through the purchase of a property. But am also interested to hear about the Turkish citizenship through investment program. Thanks.

Please don't relocate before you fully understand, speak, write and read Turkish, and cash enough for you at least for a full year, no English here, and salaries are not that much.

Yes; from the 7 weeks we spent touring Turkey, very few people there speak English; in some places no one speaks Turkish; Google Translate was a great help.

The plan is to spend a year in Turkey to learn Turkish through a formal course and to see if Turkey would be a suitable place for us or not; in the city where I live at present there are no Turkish language courses offered. It would have been much easier if such courses are offered locally before the travel. Another option is to learn Turkish online. However, unless you practice and be forced to practice Turkish e.g. being in Turkey, learning the language online may not be very efficient. But, online learning is a good option to have some language basics before landing in Turkey.

Regarding having enough money for a year, trust that those who are planning to acquire Turkish citizenship though investment or through the purchase of properties there, would have enough to sustain themselves for at least a year.

Hello, I would like to have some update for this topic.  I am also planning the same path

I did this through lawyers so the process did not take longer than 5 months.
We paid the lawyers a flat fee, but we did have some issues with their follow through, but it turned out okay.
About learning Turkish before...yes, you should try. It's so hard as we do not yet fully know the language. People are generally helpful though. The main issues are with services like phone, internet, etc. Usually someone at the bank has decent enough English. Also some of the banking interface has English options.
We have definitely needed a translator on several occasions, usually we call our friend who is bilingual and she helps us out in some situations. I am honestly so embarrassed though at living here, having citizenship and not being a proficient speaker of Turkish! Hopefully one year later at this time I will have improved drastically. Finally, due to Covid there are only online classes and a lot of restrictions so it makes it hard to converse with ppl.

Can you pm me with the lawyers name? Thank you!

Hi I am chemical engineer and I am going move to turkey by job sponsorship because I hope as my experience in paint  Industries
Please let me know in your opinion  can I get acceptance or no.

Siavash, if you're looking for bilingual lawyers in Istanbul I can get you in touch with my husband. In Alanya I'm afraid I wouldn't know.

Please send me also the details

Hi- That would be great. I would like to speak to him if possible. Thank you!

Hello, anyone who got turkish citizenship by investment, can he ping me back. I want to ask some questions.
Hi najmssaquib,

Welcome to expat.com !

Please feel free to ask your questions. What do you need to know?

Vero
Expat.com team

I have a professional technical qualification certificate in kindergarten activation from Tunisia. I have one year experience in raising children. I want to work

@louhichiintissarnajet
I have someone who needs you, how much salary you expec

Hi, any idea how long status keep at " sent to the relevant institution(s) for archival research " regarding investment by citizenship case. Please update. Thanks, and what do they suppose to check at this stage?

@ShuaaGill hello,it takes approx 3 months in archive search. And then it goes to included in the list to be submitted to decision authority. And then it takes 1 more month to be sent to decision authority. And then 1 more month to finalise the decision.

@najmssaquib Hello

I can help you

What is your question?

@ShuaaGill It took me 6 months from the moment I purchased property and sent payment, got Tapu etc. All work was done by our agent

@amnajaffri congratulations.