Cement rain water tank construction costs

Strange ?? but has any one living in Nam had 1 built. I talking about Phan Thiet area. and asking for price for 20-40,000 liter unit if that size is possible, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0JElqXJUYY. any info is appreciated

In 1966 or 1967, my father had a cement rainwater catchment built in the kitchen of our home in Cư Xá Lữ Gia, Saigon's first master-planned community (now Lý Thường Kiệt St in District 11).  The catchment was about 7 ft x 7 ft x 12 ft high, with an all-natural filter system above it.  We used rainwater for washing, boiled it for cooking and drinking.  My father connected the catchment to the pipe that ran to the bathrooms so we also showered in rainwater (incredibly soft and shiny hair we all had).

MarkinNam wrote:

Strange ?? but has any one living in Nam had 1 built. I talking about Phan Thiet area. and asking for price for 20-40,000 liter unit if that size is possible, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0JElqXJUYY. any info is appreciated

An article in Smithsonian Magazine might be of interest (next post)

This:

this-tower-pulls-drinking-water-out-of-thin-air-180950399/

Neat article OB

Back in the mid 70's, my family bought a farm near Saigon to lay low so we can escape VN quietly. Some of us lived on the farm and it had many tanks like the one in your video but they were much larger. I believe they were used for making fish sauce years before we bought the farm. If you can't find an answer, maybe try the fish sauce tank builder route.

Ive seen a similar method used in the Andes with a loosely woven cloth supported across the top of escarpements

Know how would seem a-plenty because of that local industry

MarkinNam wrote:

Please do not call Vietnam just Nam, Nam is a name of the person, while Vietnam is a country with 90+ people. Thanks

Rollingbroak wrote:

Please do not call Vietnam just Nam, Nam is a name of the person, while Vietnam is a country with 90+ people. Thanks

This problematic misnomer was brought up several times on these forums. 

'Nam was a nickname used by military personnel who left their homes to fight the Vietnam war.  It wasn't a nice nickname even back then, but it was tolerable because in the scope and nature of warfare, a nickname with negative connotation was a trivial thing when comparing to the loss of life of the people who uttered that term.

The war ended 45 years ago, there's not one good excuse to use that term any longer.

I think I brought this very subject up about 3-years ago.

colinoscapee wrote:

I think I brought this very subject up about 3-years ago.

You did.  Then sometime last year or the year before, you and I asked a young man to stop using the term (he wasn't even born when the war happened).  He said our request was a violation of his rights or some such rot.