Flying domestic destination with without Passport

Hello folks.

I would like to know if anybody has any experience or advice flying domestically in Vietnam with TRC and without passports. I need to fly to Hanoi on next few days from HCM and my passport is currently in the government office to process some paper works, and I have to receipt from the government.

Do I need to bring my PP photocopy with receipt in case they need to verify?  appreciate any advice.

Thank you.

TRC should be fine.
VN Airlines (scroll down to 'Travel Document')
Always Keep a photocopy of your PP (at least the Data pages) with you while travelling.

Not possible.

I tried it once. You need Certificate from Local Police station where you live, if not its not possible.

You may also need your passport to check-in to some hotels.

I wonder then could I use my driving license to fly? It does work in hotels.

Wald0 wrote:

I wonder then could I use my driving license to fly? It does work in hotels.

I saw an old thread on this forum where some expats said they travelled by air within the country with their valid VN driving licenses.

However, I get the feeling it depends on the Airlines you're flying with.
- Vietjet prolly doesn't accept it.
- Jetstart and Vietnam Airlines do. (so it seems from their websites)

It's always wise to call the customer care before you fly.
In a recent news (see below) "driving license" was omitted.

Foreign passengers can use a valid passport, border crossing paper, visa, or permanent or temporary residence card.

- Vietnam ministry cites ‘drafting errors' after new airport ID rule stuns passengers
(source: Tuoi Tre News, November 28, 2017)

It's working with photocopy, I have traveled to Hanoi Vietnam Airlines and Vietjet, There is nothing complicated, as I have to keep PP copy and TRC. I check in online and print the boarding pass, so just showed to security and the while boarding to the flight.

i think it would be fine, my Sister (Vietnamese), she forgot her Passport at home n her ID-Card s expired. she flown with both VN airlines n Vietjet (3 times). She had to go to customs office and did some clearance. as long as you have your flight tickets and your ID-Card, it would be fine.

mondrahul wrote:

Not possible.

I tried it once. You need Certificate from Local Police station where you live, if not its not possible.

It depends if you lost PP or cannot provide any evidence then you need to prefer such a complicated paperwork but as long as if you have any proof what happened to your PP right now, then it should be fine.

Flying Vietjet and did present them my VN driving licence. No question asked.