Zolpidem in HCM?

Seems easier to find god knows what than that here, has it been banned. Zolpidem is the name of Ambien or Stillnox. I know it has it's problems, but it works best for me. Any sources (in pharmacies) in District 7 preferably or nearby there?

VnTeacher3 wrote:

Seems easier to find god knows what than that here, has it been banned. Zolpidem is the name of Ambien or Stillnox. I know it has it's problems, but it works best for me. Any sources (in pharmacies) in District 7 preferably or nearby there?

No.

VnTeacher3:  Could your lack of access to this calming pharmaceutical explain your relentless insistence on pursuing a minor point in another thread?

THIGV wrote:

VnTeacher3:  Could your lack of access to this calming pharmaceutical explain your relentless insistence on pursuing a minor point in another thread?

For someone who has been here for 20 years, you would presume by now they would know where to find it.

colinoscapee wrote:

For someone who has been here for 20 years, you would presume by now they would know where to find it.

True but some things are just not there.  I really have good results with using Pseudoephedrine tablets for nasal congestion.  I usually need them for about a week a year as nose and throat problems seem to be an occupational hazard for teachers.  It is available without a prescription in my state in the US but with tracking restrictions which prevent overpurchasing as it is the base ingredient for illegal crystal methadrine.  I discussed it with my doctor who had post graduate US training and was familiar with the drug and he wrote me a scrip.  He owned a pharmacy himself and said that he did not think it was available.  He was correct.

THIGV wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

True but some things are just not there.  I really have good results with using Pseudoephedrine tablets for nasal congestion.  I usually need them for about a week a year as nose and throat problems seem to be an occupational hazard for teachers.  It is available without a prescription in my state in the US but with tracking restrictions which prevent overpurchasing as it is the base ingredient for illegal crystal methadrine.  I discussed it with my doctor who had post graduate US training and was familiar with the drug and he wrote me a scrip.  He owned a pharmacy himself and said that he did not think it was available.  He was correct.

I searched online and found it. 650k vnd for 20 tablets.

colinoscapee wrote:

I am not doubting you but I am surprised.  Are sure it is the real thing?  Manufacturers in the US are marketing another ingredient using the name Sudafed.

THIGV wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

I am not doubting you but I am surprised.  Are sure it is the real thing?  Manufacturers in the US are marketing another ingredient using the name Sudafed.

Found it on Sanofi Aventis, which is a major drug company here in VN.

Since the crackdown on the OCT sale of sedatives a couple of years ago, pharmacies don't stock it anymore. There might be a few in Saigon or Hanoi that sell it illegally, but with a considerable mark-up. Hospitals have it, but you will probably have to see a doctor first, at least for your first prescription. What is sold cheaply everywhere is Zoplicone, which for me works fine too. Kind of weird, though, that of 2 always equivalent  prescription sleeping medications one is handed out like peanuts, the other is strictly controlled. Might have something to do with the fact that Zoplicone is manufactured in Vietnam, while Zolpidem is imported.

Thanks, I went to the foreign hospital in D7 (forget the name) but it seems a lot of Koreans go there, english wasn't the best so they either said they were sold out or don't sell it, not sure :D They are probably wise not to stock it, a lot of driving accidents with it, but those side effects have never gotten to me with years of taking it. Just nice, restful sleep. If anybody knows a specific doctor in the D7/D1 area that has it, would appreciate it, thanks.

You might want to see if you can find trazadone - it was marketed for many years as an antidepressant med. I have sleep problems and always took Ambien for some years until my doctor told me to try trazadone because it's pretty harmless and has a long track record with no issues / unlike Ambien. I took his advice and the stuff works wonders. Much, much better than Ambien. I go to sleep easily and sleep the whole night thru. My script is for 100 mg but often I just take 50 mg. With the same results. It works so much better than Ambien - I'll never switch back.
Hope this helps!
Kevin

Amazing that Zolpidem (at the same dosage) kept working for you for years.For me,after couple of months, it stops putting me to sleep unless I up the dose.

Not sure if this is useful anymore, but I was in HCMC in Feb 2020 and I was able to purchase zolpidem tartrate 10mg tablets from the pharmacy that is in the Landmark 2 building near the Vinhomes Central Park. I ran out of my Rx while traveling and it was the first place I went and they had it. I believe it cost around 600k for 30.