Quarantine facility in Saigon?

Hello Folks
Is there anyone has been quarantine the way come back into Vietnam? If yes anyone could share your experience. Especially in Hotel quarantine in the city centre.

Hello CT, as of Oct 14, according to:  https://bnews.vn/tp-hcm-thanh-lap-cac-k … 74542.html

14 Hotels:  Huong Sen, Kim Cuong Xanh, Riverside, Sky Gem Central (in Ben Nghe ward, District 1); Hotel Alagon City, AEM Signature, Diamond Xanh, AEM, Cititel Parkview SaiGon, Saigon Hanoi (located in Ben Thanh Ward, District 1); Sen Viet Boutique Hotel (located in Nguyen Thai Binh ward, District 1); Sunshine Hotel, Sabina (in Tan Phong Ward, District 7) and Muong Thanh Luxury SaiGon (in Ward 10, Phu Nhuan District).

I think it is best for you to call them directly and ask for what kind of services they will provide while you in quarantine such as:
1.  Best way to communicate with the staff?  In my case no land line in the room.  Thus my cell is the only mean.  I am glad I had my company send the local sim card with hotel staff when they pick me up at the airport.
2.  Can you go outside of you quarantine room e.g.  I am in Ha Noi, in my 5th day, the hotel allowed for smoker to go through the hall way out to the balcony to smoke.  Also, the hotel allowed individual to exercise i.e walking within the wall/ground of the hotel.  Again, I can not tell you if this is allowed per health department or is this a local thing.
3.  Food?  Can you order the food from the hotel or they outsource.  In my situation, the food was outsource delivered to the hotel via taxi.  They feed us 3 times a day:  0700, 1200, and @ 1800 hrs.   Mine is a 3 stars hotel!  5 stars or resort might be different.  Food will be delivered on a chair outside next to your room.  They bang the hell out of the door.  You will know.
4.  Drinks?  Can you access to alcohol and others.  In my case, a 5 gallons in the room.  They don't service any others and absolutely no alcohol.  I can not even get my company deliver to the hotel for me!
5.  How fast is the internet?  Disruption?
6.  Will they provide number to access to local govt. or health department. 
7.  How do they monitoring you i.e camera or hotel staff.  In my case, no camera.
8.  Can you select the room or will it assigned automatically to you upon booking.
9.  Personal items i.e toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo etc....
10.  How often will they clean the room or not at all?

Once you have all the required answer, you can pack appropriately.  I wish I have known what I know today, I could have packed seasoning, salt/soy sauce, hot sauce, and others for my needs. 

Hope this will help and I hope other can addon to something I might have missed.

pppham40 wrote:

Hello CT, as of Oct 14, according to:  https://bnews.vn/tp-hcm-thanh-lap-cac-k … 74542.html

14 Hotels:  Huong Sen, Kim Cuong Xanh, Riverside, Sky Gem Central (in Ben Nghe ward, District 1); Hotel Alagon City, AEM Signature, Diamond Xanh, AEM, Cititel Parkview SaiGon, Saigon Hanoi (located in Ben Thanh Ward, District 1); Sen Viet Boutique Hotel (located in Nguyen Thai Binh ward, District 1); Sunshine Hotel, Sabina (in Tan Phong Ward, District 7) and Muong Thanh Luxury SaiGon (in Ward 10, Phu Nhuan District).

I think it is best for you to call them directly and ask for what kind of services they will provide while you in quarantine such as:
1.  Best way to communicate with the staff?  In my case no land line in the room.  Thus my cell is the only mean.  I am glad I had my company send the local sim card with hotel staff when they pick me up at the airport.
2.  Can you go outside of you quarantine room e.g.  I am in Ha Noi, in my 5th day, the hotel allowed for smoker to go through the hall way out to the balcony to smoke.  Also, the hotel allowed individual to exercise i.e walking within the wall/ground of the hotel.  Again, I can not tell you if this is allowed per health department or is this a local thing.
3.  Food?  Can you order the food from the hotel or they outsource.  In my situation, the food was outsource delivered to the hotel via taxi.  They feed us 3 times a day:  0700, 1200, and @ 1800 hrs.   Mine is a 3 stars hotel!  5 stars or resort might be different.  Food will be delivered on a chair outside next to your room.  They bang the hell out of the door.  You will know.
4.  Drinks?  Can you access to alcohol and others.  In my case, a 5 gallons in the room.  They don't service any others and absolutely no alcohol.  I can not even get my company deliver to the hotel for me!
5.  How fast is the internet?  Disruption?
6.  Will they provide number to access to local govt. or health department. 
7.  How do they monitoring you i.e camera or hotel staff.  In my case, no camera.
8.  Can you select the room or will it assigned automatically to you upon booking.
9.  Personal items i.e toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo etc....
10.  How often will they clean the room or not at all?

Once you have all the required answer, you can pack appropriately.  I wish I have known what I know today, I could have packed seasoning, salt/soy sauce, hot sauce, and others for my needs. 

Hope this will help and I hope others can addon to something I might have missed.

Thank you for sharing your experience, I've been quarantined for one of a 5-star hotel in HCM, but my experience is not so good with hotel service. they proved meals 3 times per day but I feel it cost 30K/meal although hotel charge 3.6M/day, and another service the same as what you mentioned.  The hotel did not allow to bring foods or order from outside, I can order anything from the hotel and it will be an additional cost. they put snacks and instant noodles as a complimentary, The snacks is cheaper one where we can find in the market with 2000 to 3000 VND.

At least you can order what you want from the hotel and 5 stars you had snacks and instant noodles.   My hotel is 2.6M/day.  35k for breakfast, 75k for lunch and 75k dinner with no snack nor noodles.   The meal is so blend (no taste and slightly salty).  Both lunch and dinner consists of half a box full of rice, 1 small compartment is meat/fish (3 to 4 pieces 1"), 1 small compartment is some type of veggie (sometime stir fry or just boil).  The meal also come with 1/2 cup with some sort of veggie in broth and banana or papaya for desert.  They have been serving it the firs 3 days.   After a long discussion with the front desk manager (due to my diet), finally they change the meals based on my request of what I want for each meal.   One thing we have in common:  The service is just awful especially during this time.  Two weeks in isolation is not cool at all although we/them must help to stop the spread.

haha, it's same everywhere. Yes, there is nothing much expecting while quarantining.

I think now there are more hotels with many option and price. I hard there are nearly 200 hotels around Vietnam.