Transportation from Punta Cana to Las Terrenas

Hi all,

I wiil be in Punta Cana on Sept. 28 and want to know how to get to Las Terrenas(LT) by interprovincial Bus , where in Punta Cana and the expected cost in pesos.

Thanks to all

There are posted bus schedules for both Caribe Tours & Metro.

The simplest answer for you is
PC to Sto Dom..... then Sto Dom to LT

There is a bus on the toll road near the airport up to LT if you get dropped off there
That will save some time

I have no idea of costs but the website posts them

Thank you !
I plan to leave PC on Sept 28 , in the morning ; would you have the website addresses
for Caribe Tours and Metro.
Have a great day !

Just Google them....

Thank you !

I googled Caribe Tours and found the website but NOWHERE is indicated Punta Cana or Bavaro on their  schedules. Las Terrenas does NOT appear as a destination point.

I will have to write them. I will check also Metro.

Bavaro Express to the toll road... Caribe to Samana/Snachez

Thank you !

I will keep track of my experience to make it better for fellow travellers.

Have a great day !

VictorLN wrote:

Thank you !

I googled Caribe Tours and found the website but NOWHERE is indicated Punta Cana or Bavaro on their  schedules. Las Terrenas does NOT appear as a destination point.

I will have to write them. I will check also Metro.

http://www.caribetours.com.do/santo%20domingo.htm

On my first visit to the DR, I went to Punta Cana, planning to go to Las Terrenas the next week. Only after looking closely did I realize there is no direct route. I did not especially want to drive all the way to Santo Domingo, then to Las Terrenas. I was staying in an apartment with a wonderful host who managed to get me a tour on our last day all the way to El Limon. We drove north from Punta Cana, then took a boat to Caye Levantado. We stayed there for an hour or so, then went to El Limon to ride horses and see the waterfall. After that, my wife and I took a cab to Las Terrenas. I think we paid $55 or so for the boat tour, tipped the guide $20 for looking out for us and working with us as he swapped the schedule a bit to make it more convenient for us. Then he called the taxi, who charged $80 to drive us. I think there are tour buses which regularly go to El Limon from all over, so it seems possible to schedule your ride with them if you have the right connections. We felt the cab ride was a bit high, but by then, we were just glad to be done. Considering the alternative was to drive the entire way, we were glad to have the adventure and the discount.