Moving to KL in autumn

Hi
I´m Esther and I am still in Germany at the moment.
In autumn I will come with my family to KL for 3 years.
Unfortunately we did not have the possibility for look-and-see because of Covid 19, so we will only be able to look for an apartment/house after arrival and quarantine and live temporarily in a service apartment.
We have no ideas yet in which part of town to look for accommodation.
Our two sons will visit the German School DSKL (Petaling Jaya/Selangor), my husband's office will be in Bandar Sunway.
Because of the office in Bandar Sunway we think it would be good to live in Bandar Sunway (short ways home - office).
But we heard that many expats live rather north (Mont Kiara), but this seems too far away from Bandar Sunway (traffic).
We will also bring our cat with us. He is an outdoor cat, a garden or not so much traffic nearby would be nice. 

We are happy about your tips

Esther

Hi Esther,

I think you have quite a choice for places to live if your kids will go to the German School and husband will work at Bandar Sunway. Yes many expats choose to live in Mont Kiara, but there are other places where expats also like to live such as Bangsar.

Bangsar is not as far as Mont Kiara and there are a lot of houses in that area but public transport is not very good unless you are fine with taking taxis. In Bangsar you will see a lot of expats and it is a nice place to hang out with a couple of nice malls and lots of restaurants. If you plan to have a car then it would be better.

Petaling Jaya which is very close to the Federal Highway, has many houses there. I always found it a bit confusing trying to get around Petaling Jaya and it seemed easy to get lost, but you could certainly consider it as there are so many houses. Same goes for Subang Jaya, lots of houses. But I have always considered these areas as less for expats and more for locals, that's just my personal opinion.

As for Mont Kiara, the low rise apartments which might be what you are referring too are probably quite expensive. Nearby areas with houses that are less exclusive include Desa Sri Hartamas which is very close to Mont Kiara.

I just also wanted to add that if you were also considering condominiums, some of the older ones have ground level apartments with a garden. However, in many cases condominiums have rules about animals and their own house rules may forbid pets such as cats and dogs. That is why you might find a house to be more suitable than an apartment.

Thanks Shill88 for your information

Hi Esther ,

I read your post . Have you already relocate to KL ? ***

Please do let me know

Thanks melissa

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Please post your offer in the dedicated Housing section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct