Applying for Paraguayan Permanent Residency from abroad

Hello friends,
The Migrations Directorate has recently decided to allow foreigners apply for Permanent Residency from their home countries through Registered Service Providers and a duly legalised or apostilled Power of Attorney. They decided upon this due to the fact that the Paraguayan borders are still closed and we don't have an estimate date for reopening.
If you think you might be interested and want more information, feel free to send me a message and I'll be happy to send you the information.

Y'all have a great day!

LL

wow, thank you

Are you registered with Migrations?

Dear LL,

Buenos dias! Thanks for your post. I am Dr. K. Ayyad from Egypt, and I am interested in PR in Paraguay. When I checked the website of Paraguay embassy in Egypt to know the procedures of getting a tourist visa, I found out they offer the PR too. The documents they require are the same as those on the migraciones website, except for the $5,000 deposit or any other investment options. Is this part of the "PR from Abroad" new system you are talking about in this post? Is the application done by an attorney in Paraguay or by the applicant at Paraguay embassy in his home country?

Here's a link to the embassy website:
https://embajadas.paraguay.gov.py/egipto/en/visas-2/

Regards,

Dr. K. Ayyad

yes, of course, thank you

you're welcome

Hello,

I'm interested in applying for the Paraguayan Permanent Residency and opening a bank account there. I'm not really sure where to start. Any advice?

Thanks,

Val

For PR is there a particular agency I should use? Do I need to travel to Paraguay to open a bank account?

Thanks,

VP

Hello, gire an inmigrant lawyer. There are Manu options, choose The more prestigious.

Best Regards

Carlos Maidana Torres,
[moderated]

Hello, The 5,000.-USD you are talking about, is a requirement to demostrate finance solvence of a PR aplicant.
Once you get finished the PR procedure, The money Will be ready to return to your pocket.

So, The 5,000.-USD is not a part of The costs, it is just deposited as guarantee of solvence.

But, the lawyer budget is a cost that you must consider before take any action.

Hope this helps,

Carlos Maidana Torres
[moderated]

Hi could you please send me more information. I would appreciate it thank and regards Mike

Hello,

I'm interested in applying for the Paraguayan Permanent Residency and opening a bank account there. I'm not really sure where to start. Any advice?

Hi , I am from pakistan  and intrested  in permanent  residency .Can you help me , I need your services if you can , kindly guide me requirements  a d details  of process .Is possible to apply and get from abroad  without coming ?.

Hi , I am from pakistan  and intrested  in permanent  residency .Can you help me , I need your services if you can , kindly guide me requirements  a d details  of process .Is possible to apply and get from abroad  without coming ?.I shall wait your reply .

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please use only English on the anglophone forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Be very careful with who you deal with in Paraguay , never ever send them money online. I'll share my story soon.

hi! anyone here received PR by this way ?

@Samsii There are a lot of con artists in this country, so I don't think there would be a convinient way to get PR so easily. Think about the red tape on opening an account in a bank of Paraguay, which is the main obstacle for application, you'll know this is only the promotion of representation. If you're really interested in immigrate to Paraguay, you'd better contact a legal reprentation in advance and visite this country on your own. Good luck!

@LoreLaterra
I am from India
Mr. Patel

Send me your Whatsapp number so we can discuss
+48***
Moderated by Vero last year
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you

@Samsii A few months ago I put some people who wanted to get PR in contact with a translator I know and he passed them onto an immigration lawyer. The result was everything in process long before they left their home country and ID documents ready shortly after they arrived in Paraguay. They spoke to me afterwards to say how pleased they had been with the whole process.

@Samsii
So, first of all, it was not a remote way to get PR from abroad. Merely, it served people who wanted to get their pr but couldn't arrive in Paraguay because of Cvid, so they could submit their documents without losing the validity of the docs. But more or less, since November 2021, everything got back to normal; the applicants must appear personally in Paraguay.
@LoreLaterra Good evening.How are you, work and family.
I'm a foreigner interested in relocating to Paraguay.
Firstly I a university graduate studies Agric economics and extensions  and also studies MBA master degree in transport management-logistic.
I also have teaching experience .
I need your assistant on how i can relocate to Paraguay.
Thanks
AJiboye Ademola
Moderated by Cheryl last year
Reason : Do not share your contact details on the forum please.

@Simon Paraguay That's pretty cool! Do you mind sharing the Paraguayan lawyer's contact info, so we can contact them?

@ChineduOpara Sure, not a problem. I'll send you a message

Alright brother

@Phoenix_S Hello !! Hope you are doing great !
You have any story to share , if someone tried to scam you in this residency process ?

@Simon Paraguay Please send me a message with details

@Tucanoprod Thank you Tucanoprod !!!

@Samsii
So, first of all, it was not a remote way to get PR from abroad. Merely, it served people who wanted to get their pr but couldn't arrive in Paraguay because of Cvid, so they could submit their documents without losing the validity of the docs. But more or less, since November 2021, everything got back to normal; the applicants must appear personally in Paraguay.
- @Tucanoprod

Hello !!! What is the best way you suggest now for getting the residency ?
My experience is that personal connections help a lot here. Taking time to get to know people from Asuncion makes the residency process go best.

@LoreLaterra hi

Hi I am Sunil here
I am planning to move there so please let me know how to buy or Get residency
My work is in pipeline with one of the lawyer and they ask me payment again and again so what can I do because I didn't that person so how can I put trust on him
Pleas guide
Regards,
Mr. Patel
@jimpex20190715 I would be reluctant to deal with that lawyer.  Please do an internet search for the Paraguay consolate or embassy in your country.  They should have all the documentation you need to apply.  Since we don't know where you are from we can't really help.  Because Paraguay has so many different diplomatic agreements with other countries, there is no one specific rule that covers all situation.

Do you want to invest in Paraguay?  Retire?  Work?  Each is a different situation as well.
I have heard that starting 2023, you will need to have 2 years of temporary residency, and then you can apply for permanent. Is this true?

@aristidafazendo Yes, but we still don't know if it will be from the beginning of 2023. The law is still in Congress and has not been approved yet.

Good evening!

When the new law on permanent residence comes into force? Is the 180 days grace period taken into account? Is it still possible to apply for permanent residence in Paraguay according to the old procedure? Thank you very much!

While the 180 day grace period was included in drafts, it was left out of the final law.  Migrations is working to put together what they thought they would have 6 months to complete.  I have not seen any forms available.  The process seems simpler for somone who will work for a company in Paraguay or start a business in Paraguay, or has a degree.  The pensioner program has been dropped completely from what I have seen although there may be ways around the lack of a specific program. 

Thanks for the update. My lawyer confirmed that the 6 months is not there. The medical test has also dropped from what I know. The proces is now 2 years stay and then 10 years.

@LoreLaterra yes please I need and would like to get a Paraguayan permanent residency from overseas.

@alex test Actually, you don't need to stay for two years. You do have to apply first for a two years temporary residence and cannot be absent from Paraguay for more than a year, meaning that is sufficient if you travel to Paraguay at least for a couple of days every year while having your temporary residence (no need to stay for the full 2 years). Once you are able to apply and obtain your 10-year permanent residence, you will have to visit at least once every three years to keep the residence permit valid.

Best,

Sally