Mandatory COVID Testing after Đà Nẵng visit Since 1/7/2020

Supposedly Pasteur does not do test and issue results?

FV hospital quoting me 3 million vnd! I swear, I asked another expat the following month how much a test would cost, they said 400k??

Bad reputation with FV for cost I've read. Has anyone else gotten a test somewhere in HCMC can let me know please??

FV hospital loves too much money...they charge a lot foreigners....

C

Hi. I recommend finding at least three quotes from different labs or clinics. As Covid-19 is slowly becoming a pandemic we get more used to, market competition forces start to kick in. While it was a new phenomenon, clinics would charge ridicule prices, taking advantage of the generalized panic of people. As people have become more relaxed and less panicked, they have started to search for the cheaper clinic, forcing clinics into a price competition. I only can give the example of Malaysia, as I am still here. When the pandemic kicked in, prices ranged among 4.2 m Dong for a test (I converted...). Asking around now, couple of months later, one normally finds prices among 2.5 m Dong but looking a bit further, one can even find it at around 1.5m Dong. And....just as a shocker for you guys and ladies...I distribute a high quality Covi-19 test manufactured by a local Malaysian lab which they sell at...fasten your seat-belts...160k Dong. And I know that the Chinese sell their low quality tests at around 110k Dong. So, imagine the impressive cash cow that labs and clinics are milking for stitching your finger, letting it drop into the test tube and waiting around for 15min. Its sheer insane. :)

danrodri wrote:

Hi. I recommend finding at least three quotes from different labs or clinics. As Covid-19 is slowly becoming a pandemic we get more used to, market competition forces start to kick in. While it was a new phenomenon, clinics would charge ridicule prices, taking advantage of the generalized panic of people. As people have become more relaxed and less panicked, they have started to search for the cheaper clinic, forcing clinics into a price competition. I only can give the example of Malaysia, as I am still here. When the pandemic kicked in, prices ranged among 4.2 m Dong for a test (I converted...). Asking around now, couple of months later, one normally finds prices among 2.5 m Dong but looking a bit further, one can even find it at around 1.5m Dong. And....just as a shocker for you guys and ladies...I distribute a high quality Covi-19 test manufactured by a local Malaysian lab which they sell at...fasten your seat-belts...160k Dong. And I know that the Chinese sell their low quality tests at around 110k Dong. So, imagine the impressive cash cow that labs and clinics are milking for stitching your finger, letting it drop into the test tube and waiting around for 15min. Its sheer insane. :)

Did you know that private clinics and hospitals are not authorized to give tests in Vietnam?

So now I've been to Danang and remained there through the recent lockdown until the second round of easing allowed travel into Quang Nam province.

My dates: July 2nd to September 11th.

If I had tried to fly to Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi, I would have been in mandatory 14 day quarantine because I'm a foreigner without a home for self isolation there.

According to my Vietnamese friends who were traveling to Hanoi, they were going to be allowed to self isolate in their homes for 14 days, but travelers to Ho Chi Minh City were going to face 14 days of quarantine regardless of residency.

While there was talk of everyone being tested in turn, I specifically asked the general manager of my hotel if I should be tested, and he replied that the police would definitely be coming and testing everyone sometime.

"Sometime" never happened in the An Thương Foreigners Quarter.

That's probably because the area remained conspicuously clear of any reported cases of infection.

In Sơn Trà district, where there were many positive test results, a mass testing of all foreigners was conducted.

When I was leaving Danang by private car there was a checkpoint at the border with Quang Nam before entering Hoi An.

I've been using the Ministry of Health tracking app almost daily since the Spring.

My fresh QR code was scanned and my driver and I were allowed to proceed into Quang Nam province where restrictions are not as severe as in HCMC.

Here at my hotel at Tam Thanh Beach, Tam Kỳ, restaurants and the beach are both open, and the only restrictions are the continuation of hand sanitizing and mask wearing in public places (about 90% compliance observed).

There is no requirement here to report to any government office.

I provided my Ministry of Health app QR code to the hotel administration here, and they will provide it to the police on request.

It's my plan to stay here a month until restrictions are eased down south, when I'll return to Vũng Tàu via Qui Nhơn in late October.

Ocean Beach

I am considering a trip to Da Nang with an eye to moving  up there from Sai Gon.  Thanks for the update on your status.  Back to Vung Tau?  Thought you were headed to Ha Noi.  Covid change the plans?

def1412 wrote:

Ocean Beach

I am considering a trip to Da Nang with an eye to moving  up there from Sai Gon.  Thanks for the update on your status.  Back to Vung Tau?  Thought you were headed to Ha Noi.  Covid change the plans?

The plan for Hanoi was only going to be a visit for touring (Sa Pa, Ha Long, etc) and some business opportunities which have been put on hold by possible partners.

But after the quarantine lockdown I'm ready to head back to Vũng Tàu now.

I miss my housekeeper

My trip to Ha Noi is the same to visit SaPa and Ha Long....you miss your housekeeper?????Is there a story in there?
Ken

def1412 wrote:

My trip to Ha Noi is the same to visit SaPa and Ha Long....you miss your housekeeper?????Is there a story in there?
Ken

it was really hard to find someone who does exactly what I ask and helps me with everything that I need. It's been a bit of a struggle being without her. I'm not getting any younger