Dentist experience

I found a recommendation for a dentist here on the forum that included a link to World Wide Dental. For the life of me I can not find the post now. However, I used them and will share my experience. It was indeed, clean, nice staff with modern Western equipment with probably tge latest technology. I was given two option to fix/repair a broken front tooth.....an impkant or a bridge. At my age I did not feel I needed a LONG TERM fix as there is no longer a l9ng term in my future. So I opted for the bridge. The cost was 14m vnd ($600 and some change). Which I thought was a bit pricy for VN. However, way cheap by Western standards. I had flown in to have it done and needed to get back to my budiness tgat day. So they made a temporary and will go back to finish up. But so far so good and I too would recommend. As a sidebar tgey offered a cleaning for 500k vnd, far more then anywhere else here. Just added as a easy price comparison. Will update periodically to see if the darn choppers stay in my mouth longer then the normal 6 month period other dentist have offered.
I found a recommendation for a dentist here on the forum that included a link to World Wide Dental. For the life of me I can not find the post now. However, I used them and will share my experience. It was indeed, clean, nice staff with modern Western equipment with probably tge latest technology. I was given two option to fix/repair a broken front tooth.....an impkant or a bridge. At my age I did not feel I needed a LONG TERM fix as there is no longer a l9ng term in my future. So I opted for the bridge. The cost was 14m vnd ($600 and some change). Which I thought was a bit pricy for VN. However, way cheap by Western standards. I had flown in to have it done and needed to get back to my budiness tgat day. So they made a temporary and will go back to finish up. But so far so good and I too would recommend. As a sidebar tgey offered a cleaning for 500k vnd, far more then anywhere else here. Just added as a easy price comparison. Will update periodically to see if the darn choppers stay in my mouth longer then the normal 6 month period other dentist have offered.
- @Diazo

Sorry mate if you paid $600 usd for a bridge you did get ripped off! That must have been D1,2 or 7.....right? I go local & have found even the dental places in local areas are up to or near the latest standards. Recently I had some dental work done first consultancy where I was given the price & then back in 4 days. 6 replacement fillings & in total it was 300k vnd My GF recommended the practice , it was husband & wife practice with son at uni doing dentistry & I can only say it was first class.
- @Diazo
Thanks for the good report!

Are you talking about this place?

244A Cống Quỳnh
Phường Phạm Ngũ Lão
Quận 1, HCMC
I have had considerable dental work done in Hanoi at a very realistic cost. I am happy to share details and prices if anyone would like them.
I have had considerable dental work done in Hanoi at a very realistic cost. I am happy to share details and prices if anyone would like them.
- @Malcolmleitrim
Sure, please do.

This is definitely the thread for that.
- @Malcolmleitrim
Sure, please do.

This is definitely the thread for that.
- @OceanBeach92107

OK, I used the "Australian dental clinic" in Hanoi. I had the treatment over a few periods of time but eventually I ended up with about 15 crowns. In Ireland they would have cost me about €1,000 each but in Vietnam the cost was about. $260 per crown. Superb service, very efficient and very fast as well. Several years later I have had no problems whatsoever.

The actual dentist who treated me has now set up his own practice in Hanoi called Global Dental. I hope this helps.
I needed a root canal while staying in Quy Nhơn (I could feel an abcess starting to poke a bubble out of my upper gum).

I did as many of the locals do and went to a (new) hospital there

I had to pay a reasonable amount (less than ₫100,000 VNĐ, as I recall) to be seen in the clinic where very little English is spoken, but between a friend of mine and a man who serves as a hospital ambassador of sorts (speaking perfect English) there was great communication between me and the staff.

I think I paid approximately ₫200,000 VNĐ more for x-rays, so about $13.00 USD to be fully diagnosed.

I was offered the total root canal package--including all additional x-rays and however many appointments necessary for about ₫1,500,000 VNĐ (about $65.00 USD).

Because this was a root canal on a tooth with an existing crown, they wanted to avoid removing the crown and decided to work through it instead.

There were 3 roots to that molar, and the middle-aged dentist who spoke no English made very quick work of the first 2.

I felt very comfortable with her level of expertise (this wasn't my first root canal by far).

However, because the crown was still in place, the metal base was making it nearly impossible to angle the drill in the right direction to fix the third root.

Long story slightly shorter, it took 4 appointments total to complete the root canal and seal the crown good as new (as far as I'm concerned).

I didn't have to pay anything extra for the multiple visits.

Because I know that ibuprofen is especially effective for relieving dental pain, I didn't ask for anything stronger and didn't have any significant pain.

I think the key to getting quality, low-cost dental care foreigners in Vietnam is to either speak fluent Tiếng Việt or have a spouse or friend who can interpret for you.

Otherwise, you have to go to one of the shops geared toward dental tourists and pay to deal with English-speaking staff and literature & signs written in English.

The prices will probably still be a bargain compared to what you would have paid in your home country, but nowhere near the deep discounts you could realize by going where the locals go.
Good morning

Does anyone have a good dentist recommendation in hcmc   I think crowns and fillings is what I need replaced.

Thanks
Good morning

Does anyone have a good dentist recommendation in hcmc   I think crowns and fillings is what I need replaced.

Thanks
- @Hooked

Anyone wanting to recommend a dentist or other business can create a listing in the business directory.
Thank you
Good morning

Thanks
- @Hooked

I have used Rose Dental Clinic a few times and I have found them to be very, very good . My next appointment is on the 27th of May and I'm more than happy to recommend them again.

Wadey
@OceanBeach92107

Yes, that is the place I am speaking of. I actually use the Minh Kai Dental for general dentistry. They have more then fair ptrices and do great work. But for the more serious work Worldwide has to be right up there....albeit a bit pricey for Vietnam. Howver still a huge baragain as opposed to the USA.
Thanks to all
Good morning

Thanks
- @Hooked

Anyone wanting to recommend a dentist or other business can create a listing in the business directory.
- @OceanBeach92107

There is also a blue click box for "Recommend" to see how popular it is by members - add your favourite business or service to give them support.
@Malcolmleitrim Hi I need a couple of crowns replaced when I get back next month I'll check them out.

What are you doing for visa runs from Hanoi? Thanks Peter
@Malcolmleitrim Hi I need a couple of crowns replaced when I get back next month I'll check them out.

What are you doing for visa runs from Hanoi? Thanks Peter
- @peterl74

Hi Peter, I'm not doing any visa runs, just flying up from Saigon for a few days.
Hi I went to your dentist I'm going back tomorrow to get the crown places So far so good. Cheers
Hi I went to your dentist I'm going back tomorrow to get the crown places So far so good. Cheers
- @plegrove

I'm sure you will be happy with the results, let us know how it goes.
All good. The crown the dentist put on today was a lot better that the one that got broken. The original crown that shattered was just a bad crown. Anyway I'll see how long this one lasts. It cost 3.5 million is that reasonable. Cheers Peter

My thoughts on dental service here:

If you are satisfied, recommend the dentist by her or his name, not just "xxx dental shop" difference can be huge, especially if multiple dentist work there. And price you paid. Foreigners are seen as walking atm here. It is not same standard of work done like in Scandinavia where you gonna paid nice chunk of money but you will deal with highly skilled professional and his/her work will last for ages. Already paid for minor tooth problem 5 million dongs + 60 EUR. Is it better to pay Dane 300- 400 eur once and forget about problem next 30 years with relatively intact tooth or go to Rose Dental where dentist will nonchalantly brush away half of your toothcrown (justification for titanium filling, and 2.5 million bill haha!) and make you enraged and still have problem and irritation by crappy work ?

I don't think the moderators will allow that kind of open advertisement with actual prices and names for commercial health services like private dentists'.

I think with this level of expectations in a developing country, your demands are pretty much out of place. With time you ll feel more reasonable and comfortable after a number of e-visa arrangements, I am sure.

I am not such an expert but sometimes they need to shear off big parts of the enamal or the tooth body or crown or whatever in order to be able to build up a lasting structure. ***** Anyhow, good luck. *****

As per code of conduct please keep any personal attacks out of posts.

Moderated by AndyHCMC last year
Reason : Please keep it civil guys
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I have seen jerk dentists, good dentists, master dentists. I have seen many of them.

Since pictures are better than 1000 words, I am gonna soon post pictures before and after treatment, since accidentally I have both X-rays, so you will see what I am talking about, I have also grown up in developing country and lived for ages in developed country and have seen dentists from both , so I guess I am qualified to voice my opinion. ********

As per code of conduct please keep any personal attacks out of posts.

Moderated by AndyHCMC last year
Reason : Please keep it civil guys

@plegrove Well the crown fell off so I took it back to the same dentist "Global Dentist" in Hanoi and they stuck it back on again So I'll see how long it stays on this time. Cheers Peter

@plegrove Well the crown fell off so I took it back to the same dentist "Global Dentist" in Hanoi and they stuck it back on again So I'll see how long it stays on this time. Cheers Peter
-@plegrove

If this was Texas, I'd tell you it was time to start using a bottle opener and stop using your teeth... 🦷😬🍺

I went to a dentist that was recommended to me by a Viet Kieu teacher at my school.  Without that recommendation I would have been completely flummoxed as to where to go. My wife sees a dentist in Thu Duc where she lived before we married and still does all her dental work there when she visits Vietnam.  As far as just randomly picking a dentist, I have no basis for this other than a gut feeling but I would avoid the places that have the giant neon tooth in front.

-@plegrove

Oh dear, I'm sorry. I have had great experience with this dental practice.

@THIGV I will say, price too is red flag, for example in Croatia which is EU country and has 3x more GDP than Vietnam and there salary like 1000 EUR is nothing, on seaside where prices are like in Greece and higher, average price for dental filling is 60-70 EUR, if somebody rips you off for price - how sure you are that he or she will not make shortcuts in her work too? If he is dishonest about real price for work done, how can you believe that he will be doing best things in his work on your teeth? It is more about personality, and big price is red flag to me.

-@plegrove

Maybe it was friday afternoon work

-@plegrove

-@Malcolmleitrim

Ya'all,

Someone asked about this before. Definitely I did not use Dr. H***. My wife and he ended up arguing a bit, very arrogant guy.

So we tried quoting several places, ended up with Benh Vien Rang Ham Mat Saigon. I am satisfied with their work. They did a full mouth restoration.

So, shop around.

MAc

-@plegrove

-@Malcolmleitrim
Ya'all,
Someone asked about this before. Definitely I did not use Dr. H***. My wife and he ended up arguing a bit, very arrogant guy.

So we tried quoting several places, ended up with Benh Vien Rang Ham Mat Saigon. I amsatisfied with their work. They did a full mouth restoration.
So, shop around.

MAc
-@Mac68

What was reason for arguing?

-@plegrove

-@Malcolmleitrim
Ya'all,

So we tried quoting several places, ended up with Benh Vien Rang Ham Mat Saigon. I amsatisfied with their work. They did a full mouth restoration.
So, shop around.

MAc
-@Mac68

What was reason for arguing?
-@narcrepellant2525

Wellllllllllll, my wife is Viet. So, the Dr. who spoke fluent English went on and on about how good he was, gave lectures in USA, blah, blah, and blah. IT came time time to talk pricing, we were appalled at his prices, my wife went into Viet, and unloaded on him. Then we left. Best I am willing to do here in explanation, ..................so laissez-faire.

MAc.

It is really shitty situation when dentist or doctor provoke customer  into arguing

It is really shitty situation when dentist or doctor provoke customer into arguing
-@narcrepellant2525

Well, must then say to clarify. Dr. acted very arrogant. After we left his nurse called us back to apologize for his behavior. The whole episode was very bizarre.

MAc

A friend from the diplomatic community referred me to his dentist in Hanoi, Dr. A** W** at the Westcoast International Dental Clinic (offices in both Hanoi and HCMC). Dr. W** has substantial experience in Germany and has been in Hanoi for 5+ years. My initial appointment included an extensive oral evaluation together with comprehensive X-rays. Three days later Dr. W** sent me a complete treatment plan explaining in detail all of the suggested work, noting which should be given a priority and clearly setting forth the costs involved. The cost for the examination and plan was approximately USD $70, which is more than reasonable considering the service provided. Prices are clearly posted but the exact costs depend on one's individual needs. My crowns will be approximately USD $560, which may be expensive for Vietnam but a fraction of what I would pay in the U.S. for similar quality and professional service. I have now had two appointments, several crowns and implants and could not be more satisfied. Dr. W** and his staff are absolutely first rate, the equipment is state of the art, the overall costs are quite reasonable (you pay now or you pay later – what value can you put on your health) and through all of this I experience zero (I mean zero) pain or discomfort. My original plan had been to go to one of the clinics in Bangkok or return to my long term dentist in the U.S., but there is now no need for either. Quite frankly, I do not think I could get better treatment any other place or with anyone else.

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Please share the name in private message or by recommending in the business directory. Thank you

@Malcolmleitrim with the introduction of government funded universal dental care beginning in Canada in 2023 dental health clinics will be be backed up from Toronto to Beijing. Since I spend considerable time in Hanoi it may be time to explore my dental health options. Would appreciate any guidance &/or info you may have. Cheers

@redislandar I am treated by Doctor Cong at Global Dental Clinic in Hanoi. I have had multiple crowns, bridges and root canal treatments over several years and I have been very satisfied with the results. The clinic is state of the art, the service is superb and the cost is 25% of what I would pay in Ireland. I hope this is some help.

@Malcolmleitrim Please share your experiences getting dental work done in Hanoi. I require a molar implant.

@Malcolmleitrim Please share your experiences getting dental work done in Hanoi. I require a molar implant.
-@nscprez

At the risk of speaking for Malcolm, he just wrote:

...I am treated by Doctor Cong at Global Dental Clinic in Hanoi. I have had multiple crowns, bridges and root canal treatments over several years and I have been very satisfied with the results. The clinic is state of the art, the service is superb and the cost is 25% of what I would pay in Ireland. I hope this is some help.
-@Malcolmleitrim

-@nscprez

Dr Cong certainly does implants, but I have never had one.

Last month I had three implants at West Coast Dental and the service and professionalism was exceptional.