Looking for recommendation of mental health certificate

Hi,
I am currently living in HCMC and will getting married here, we are both foreigners. They said one of the requirement papers to get married in Vietnam is to  have certificate of good mental health. Do any of you have any idea where can I get it done ? which hospital or clinic with english speaking ? because we both couldn't speak Vietnamese.
Much appreciate of your help, and thanks in advance

You can go to 766 Vo Van kiet Street in District 5, HCMC. I recently had it completed there. Its right next to the big hospital Benh Vien Nhiet Doi. Do not go into the Benh Vien parking lot. This location is actually FACING Vo Van Kiet, and about 50 meters further down from the hospital entrance. You can't miss it.

You then go to the second floor via stairs. There should be a gal at a desk as you come up to the second floor. Just ask her and she'll direct you to a room. You will also need 4 headshots photo for each person in size slightly smaller than passport photo. You will then talk to a nurse and she'll provide paperwork for you to fill out. You will then have to pay the cashier. I believe it was around 800k-1mil. You then see the doctor and he'll ask you simple questions. After your exam, you will be required to come back the next day to pick up the final results. Its a money grab scheme but its a requirement for any marriage process in Vietnam. Hope that helps.

Coderx10 is absolutly correct. This is where my wife and I had ours done.

To my knowledge it is not possible for two foreigners to marry under Vietnamese law.  Then you don't need a psychiatric examination because nothing is binding.

Moreover, nobody speaks English in the clinic mentioned above.

And if you would go there with someone who speaks Vietnamese you could simplify and accelerate everything with a few 100k Dong coffee money considerably.

Yoice wrote:

Hi,
I am currently living in HCMC and will getting married here, we are both foreigners. They said one of the requirement papers to get married in Vietnam is to  have certificate of good mental health. Do any of you have any idea where can I get it done ? which hospital or clinic with english speaking ? because we both couldn't speak Vietnamese.

Welcome to the forum,

If I may ask you, who are those "they"?
Is it the consulate/embassy of your fiancé's home country? ... Or...??
If it's the consulate, they should have a recommendation. They may/may not accept Check-up reports from any VN Hospital.

Mental Check-up is mandatory for foreigners getting married to Vietnamese nationals in Vietnam and for that @CoderX10 gave you the correct information.

You can still do your check-up there but as @Andy.. said, it's a very Vietnamese place and the report will be in Vietnamese too. You need to translate and notarize it before you can use it for any other country.

@senwel,
They are people at people's committee in D2 Saigon, I went there recently and they gave me list of documents  I should be completed to get vietnam marriage certificate, one of the document is a good mental health certificate..

Yoice wrote:

@senwel,
They are people at people's committee in D2 Saigon, I went there recently and they gave me list of documents  I should be completed to get vietnam marriage certificate, one of the document is a good mental health certificate..

You said, you and your partner are both foreigners. In that case either (or both) of you must have a TRC or PRC for Vietnam. Two foreign visitors can't get married under Vietnamese law.
If that's the case, then follow the instructions given by @CoderX10.
UBND (people's committee) will accept their report.
Find a VN friend to accompany you to that hospital.

Your profile says that you are Indonesian but you make no mention of what nation your fiance is from.  Is there some impediment to your being married in Indonesia that you don't feel will exist in Vietnam?

One other thing to think about;  This may seem like a minor issue now, but even if you manage to marry in HCMC, for the rest of your life, any copies of your marriage certificate will need to come from the Communist Party office in the district where you were married and they will be in Vietnamese.  This may seem trivial now but could get to be a real nuisance later in life.

CoderX10 wrote:

You can go to 766 Vo Van kiet Street in District 5, HCMC. I recently had it completed there. Its right next to the big hospital Benh Vien Nhiet Doi. Do not go into the Benh Vien parking lot. This location is actually FACING Vo Van Kiet, and about 50 meters further down from the hospital entrance. You can't miss it.

You then go to the second floor via stairs. There should be a gal at a desk as you come up to the second floor. Just ask her and she'll direct you to a room. You will also need 4 headshots photo for each person in size slightly smaller than passport photo. You will then talk to a nurse and she'll provide paperwork for you to fill out. You will then have to pay the cashier. I believe it was around 800k-1mil. You then see the doctor and he'll ask you simple questions. After your exam, you will be required to come back the next day to pick up the final results. Its a money grab scheme but its a requirement for any marriage process in Vietnam. Hope that helps.

How much total for mental health test for both husband and wife ?

RH1122 wrote:
CoderX10 wrote:

How much total for mental health test for both husband and wife ?

It varies from place to place. We paid 800k vnd for both of use. To be honest it's just a money grab as the test is a complete joke.

Hi Coder. Is it possible to get the pictures you mentioned at the center where you did the mental health test ?

CoderX10 said: "After your exam, you will be required to come back the next day to pick up the final results."

If you're in the room where you need to answer the few questions, let your fiancée give the lady at the desk at the entrance 200k coffee money.
Then you get the final result a little later and don't have to go a second time.
Let your fiancée really do it, the Vietnamese know much better how subtle and how much to give coffee money.

conor_ wrote:

Hi Coder. Is it possible to get the pictures you mentioned at the center where you did the mental health test ?

No.
You can search at Google a photographer studio near the hospital. Pay the photographer a fee and he will bring the photos to the hospital after he finalized the photos.

Thank you