Still applying to Dutch universities? (deadlines exceeded)

Hi all

In the last couple of days whilst applying to german universities I realised I'd like to get my dream come true and study abroad in English, preferably near to my home country (Germany). The studies should be a mix of Business Administration and Information Systems(IT) or Business Administration only, something in this category.

The Netherlands is the best choice for many reasons (ovious reasons which we all know and why we love this country and personal ones).

Unfortunately, all the deadlines are exceeded. I checked unis in Amsterdam, Maastricht, Den Haag, Rotterdam, Groningen,.. and their deadlines were on 1st of May, 1st of June or even the 15th of January(NF studies). I found Hogeschools which I could still enrol in, but that is not really an option for me.

I am going through the list now and will check all the 14 universities, but I believe the deadlines are the same for each one of them. Also tomorrow I am going to call some of them just to check.

Is there any solution(e.g. due to Corona) or will I have to wait?

Also, the language requirements are usually scoring 6.5 overall and 6 in each sub-score in IELTS Academic.
I scored 7 overall (8 speaking, 7.5 reading, 7 listening, but only 5.5 in writing) in Sydney one year ago. How strict are the unis in the Netherlands in general? Will I really have to do the test again just because of the 5.5 in writing? Has someone experienced a similar situation?

Some of you may know what to do and I would appreciate if you could share your thoughts on this issue.

As Germans usually finish requests/questions like this - Thank you 'in advance' guys and I'm happy I found this forum.

Regards
Felo

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Don't know for certain as nothing has been published, but the date for Dutch schools to finish issuing exam results was extended because of COVID; because of this, the Uni's also delayed allocation, so maybe you're lucky in that respect.

However, if you don't have the numbers, they don't normally accept you.  That said, foreigners get charged a lot of money to attend these courses in Holland, so who knows, peerhaps money talks?

There is a website with contact details for the Uni's on it, I suggest you phone around and ask; this link will take you straight to it.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team