Re: a used car, about how

does a used car cost. We might want to a small used car wont have to be anything flashy just something to get us from one place to the other without using a a moped...lol...thank you ahead of time

Most transport questions are answered here

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … =2#4335183

For car prices

https://www.olx.co.id/mobil-bekas_c198

A note - A shocking number of cars and bikes never see a service so hidden faults are very common. You might also note high prices compared to new, so a new car, something small, might be a better choice.

Ayla

https://www.oto.com/en/mobil-baru/daihatsu/ayla

When it came to buying my father in law a car so he could help drop off or pick up our kids from school, we initially thought of buying a used car. However, we found that the condition of cheaper cars was not all that good. We found a used Suzuki Karimun that was about 4 years old and the asking price was Rp80 million, A brand new one only costed Rp104 million, so after a lot of searching around we ended up buying him a new one.

I have found that secondhand cars are pretty expensive if you want something decent, so I think it is worth paying extra to get a reliable vehicle. There are several types available in the Rp100 - 130 million range.

Buying secondhand old cars can be cheap, around Rp30 - 50 million, but you will always take a chance with something that might break down and leave you stranded.

yes good price for a new car, thank you for that information.

Another cheap car is the Datsun Go, but we just hated the loud clunk when you close the doors. And you have to almost slam the doors to close them. I have a nephew who has one, and whenever he visits and rides in my own car he always slams the door which I really hate.

From another thread, it seems the OP is looking for a short term, so that moves the goal posts.
Before buying a car, the OP should get a driving licence (or hire a driver), then what to do with the vehicle when not on the island?

By the way, back in the days when I lived in Bali with my family including four children that went to school there, I leased a car on a yearly basis. That was back in the 1990's and the car was a newish Toyota Kijang. If you are only going to stay for around 6 months then I would recommend long term leasing. I paid on a monthly basis and just needed to show them my IDP (1948 Convention).

Unless the rules have changed, an international licence/permit is NOT automatically valid, but can be used when approved by the local POLDA (Main police station).
Driving without a licence is a very bad idea as, in the case of an accident, you're going to be in trouble.
If checked when stopped for any other reason, say goodbye to your vehicle,

In Bali it is and it is what the tens of thousands of tourists use when they come to visit, with the exception of the few crazy ones who just hire scooters without an IDP and many of them without helmets. Officially in addition to having an IDP you need a letter from a police station back home and you need to report to a police station in Bali, but most don't bother. The majority of policeman that stop foreigners are looking for the ones without an IDP.