Moving to AbuDhabi - Where do i start?

Hello everyone
My name is Parin and i am from UK. I have lived in the emirates for over 7 years and have decided to move out to Abu Dhabi. This is a complete new step for me as I will also be looking for a place to stay and work. I am considering it a fresh start and new stage in my personal life.
The question is where do i start?

Hello Parin, Welcome to Abu Dhabi! (though you only decided!) good job on deciding to move..I mean, change is the only constant thing nowadays isnt it? :)

I for one, started to live work in Sharjah, then moved to dubai (to live and work) and eventually , my career progression led me to now settle in Abu Dhabi! In my personal experience, I found Sharjah to be a bit less in leisure, entertantment choices and on the contrary, Dubai to be a bit too much of 'temptations an the capital has a bit of everything for my taste and I actually managed to do quite well here.

Since you asked where would you start,

First obvious question is to get to know where your work location is and then decide where you would like to live in. Now that they have set up salik gates, I would personally suggest you to take a look at the Salik gates first and then decide.

For an example- If your workplace is in Abu Dhabi City, its best if you could find a place to live in within the city and the salik gate. I mean, not only the commute but if you add everything, it wil amount to a considerable saving :) These days, every penny matters!

So i think the above would be a good start, which area is your workplace? or yet to go on the job hunt?