COVID-19 and expatriation in Russia

Hello everybody,

The COVID-19 crisis inevitably impacts Russia, between closed airports or periods of containment in some cities or even the entire country .
We would like to hear from you during this unusual period, to find out what the consequences of this pandemic are on your expatriation or expatriation project in Russia.

Does the current crisis call into question your long-term expatriation project?
If you are already settled in Russia, do you plan to return to your home country?

How are you living through such an uncertain period, especially if you are far from your loved ones?

Have any of you ended your expatriation in Russia unexpectedly?

Paradoxically, has this crisis brought you closer to some people?

What are your plans for the future?

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Hope you are doing well.

Loïc.

I've been living in Russia since the fall of 2016. The reasons for my move were political and economic.

The Coronavirus pandemic has not changed my political opinions about the United States, and has not yet affected my financial situation. I do not yet consider the pandemic a threat to the longevity of my expatriation to Russia.

Although sitting at home by oneself during this lockdown does cause one to think about his family back home.

I feel this way On your last paragraph 😔

I have learned that I do well here in Russia and that I may never see my homeland Canada again, if the Prime Minister gets his will.  I have a home there, two cars, and a lot of furniture, but I am mentally preparing myself for letting it all go and build my future here.  I fear the western politicians more than the virus, and I do well with the pragmatic way of dealing with thins, I find here: People are still walking the streets, but with caution.  Besides, in this 300,000 city, we had had only one dead from the virus, and that death was clearly an irresponsible person that ignored all safety concerns.

Hey. I am russian but I live in Germany. I am currently a student and study business communications. Because of the corona virus I lost my job and my paid internship. Because of that I probably won't be able to graduate in time which means I willl have to pay semester fees again.