Selling House with Land. Can an expat buy it

Hi there
I was asked a few days ago about buying land as a expat in the Ukraine. In short as it stands you are not able to buy just land. But you can buy property with land attached. You often find in the villages houses for sale with land, these can make a good opportunity, to invest.
Houses in villages often are much much cheaper than in the city's and often  come with a little bit of land, sometime you find a gold mine that has a house and a lot of land. This land can in most cases be divided, and sold off to neighbours etc. Also owning your own property gives you a place to register too and this is a must if you wish get residency in the Ukraine.
If and when you get land , you must go too the local government office and file the land as change of use. Most land will be down as agricultural so until its change, you can only grow things on it.
Feel free to ask any question on this subject , you never know i may now the answer.

Thanks, thats good information.  I'm interested in buying a house with land in Ukraine, but It makes me nervous about somehow loosing it and the money because of the laws or something. I want to be sure it's legally solid. Of course now we have to wait and see what happens with this corona virus thing. I hope they come up with a cure soon.

Hi there

Expats have always been able to buy property , in 2024 expats will be able to buy just land. I own property and land here, and its very secure, and making a little money. The house i am selling has a lot of land and a German bought a house in the same village 4 years ago , did it up and sold it for just under 45k. all in all he spent 14k to buy and do it up. He lives in Odessa know, a real city boy.

regards

martin

Thank you martin.
It is good to know from your experience regards this ownership of land.  My fiance has her family dacha outside of Poltava.  I am always thinking of our future and how an investment in more land would be of benefit to us as a family.  What can you tell me what may be required if we would want to build or remodel on land that we would own?  Are there zoning requirements to be met, restrictions on size, proximity to property lines that kind of thing?  Any other requirements such as getting permits and building plans approved prior to any construction?  Thank you.

hi there
This is relatively easy. if you already own a dacha, and there is already a building on it, and the following can be met, you can demolish and rebuild.
There are other people already living there full time(in the area)
electric and water is already layed on. and you pay government tax appertaining to the square meter of the building.
if any of the above is no then you need to approach the local government and ask permission. Very easy too do cost about 500 grivna.
If your dacha is within a community, and they only use it for rest you need too ask the community council permission to build. They will then tax you for the sq mtr. Its not a lot normally 600 grivna a month. Just remember you need to ask the local government. You could build a house and pool, be sat outside to be told knock it down you didn't ask permission.

Its very easy providing the area your dacha is in has people living there full time.

Hope that helps.

Thank you Martin.  I like life being more on the simple and easy side.  I appreciate your advice.