Is my girlfriend in Ukraine still legally married or not? HELP PLEASE!

Hello

I would like to know, is there anyway ZAGS or RAGS has a database of registered marriages that we can see?

I want to marry my Ukrainian Girlfriend but we're not sure if she is registered as still married in the territory of Ukraine or not. How can we find this out?

She was previously married to another dude outside Ukraine but not sure if the legalised stamped paperwork was registered in Ukraine or not and we're not sure how we can check.

Also her passport is NOT stamped so I'm guessing a lawyer can note this and then give her a document as proof she's single I guess? 

Any ideas how to solve this so I can legally her? I'm currently in UK London and want to move to Kiev so I really want to legally marry her ASAP.

Many thanks in advance!

As I have told you already:
- she takes her marriage certificate or whatever she got from that Ukrainian embassy; or
- goes to ZAGS and gets an extract from the registry; or
- looks at her passport looking the relevant stamp there in.

That is it.

hamudi2202 wrote:

Also her passport is NOT stamped so I'm guessing a lawyer can note this and then give her a document as proof she's single I guess?

Lawyers do not do this in Ukraine.

Plus you can get married with her asap only if there is a reasonable ground. Pregnancy for example. A normal time between applying for marriage registration and the registration itself is 1 month.

are you in Kiev? I would like to meet you or talk to you at least on the phone... face to face is better i think.

I'm in London at the moment but planning to be there in Kiev in a few weeks...

Can i PM you and perhaps we can exchange Skype or cell?

I already relaid your info to my fiance

hamudi2202 wrote:

are you in Kiev? I would like to meet you or talk to you at least on the phone... face to face is better i think.

I'm in London at the moment but planning to be there in Kiev in a few weeks...

Can i PM you and perhaps we can exchange Skype or cell?

I already relaid your info to my fiance

Yes I am in Kiev. Feel free to call, pm, skype or meet me up.

GreyKyiv wrote:

- goes to ZAGS and gets an extract from the registry;

Have your fiancee read the respective regulation:
http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z06 … 7410970113