Can anyone help me and call ZAGS for me?

Hello,

I need help and I would appreciate it very much if someone can call ZAGS and ask about the procedures for my marriage.

I am currently married in Egypt to my Ukrainian wife.

I will get a visit visa very soon so we can get married in Ukraine also.

Can anyone call ZAGS and ask what documents I need to bring with me from Egypt and/or Ukrainian embassy in Egypt and/or Egyptian Embassy in Kiev, Ukraine?

I will already translate the following to Ukrainian language and have it stamped/notarized by the Ukrainian embassy in Egypt:

1- Egyptian official Marriage contract.

2- Certificate of my current civil state (List of all marriages, divorces and children).

3- Divorce (I was married to another woman before my current wife)

4- Birth certificate

5- Passport

6- Criminal Record

---------------

I need to know if I need more documents (and where from), if we can get married while I am visiting Ukraine on a visit visa, and if I need any more documents or anything from my embassy,

Also I need to know if I need to stay some time in Ukraine before we can get married (waiting period) ..... All of this bearing in mind that this is NOT a new marriage and it's just recognizing our Egyptian marriage in Ukraine.

Also do we have to send these documents to ZAGS prior to arrival in Ukraine (does it take time to process), considering that my wife's hometown is 10 hours away from Kiev :(

If anyone - Ukrainian or expat living in Ukraine - can help me with this I'd be much appreciate it and I'd do whatever it takes to return the favor.

Hello Egyptian, I'm not sure how it will work for you but my Ukrainian wife and I were not allowed to marry in Ukraine since the government recognized our marriage in the U.S. Once we were married there we were considered legally married by the Ukrainian government and not allowed to do a ceremony in Ukraine. You may however, be married in a church because it is not considered a legal marriage there. Hope this helps

Yes pbt i just want our marriage to be recognized there. any idea how?

Here is some Ukrainian law:
According to clause 6, paragraph II of Order of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine No.52/5 dated October 18, 2000 “Documents issued abroad and according to laws of respective states by authorized bodies of these foreign states to certify acts of civil statuses of Ukrainian citizens, foreigners or stateless persons are recognized in Ukraine provided that they have been legalized, if otherwise is not foreseen by international treaties of Ukraine approved by the Parliament.”

Egypt is NOT a signatory to this treaty. I checked here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostille

OK .... I have called the embassy, they gave me contacts to two local authorized translators. I had to stamp the Arabic contract by the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs first, then I had the contract translated to Ukrainian language and stamped by the Ukrainian embassy. Now what do I need to have our marriage recognized in Ukraine? (i.e.: so my wife can have my last name, have her National Passport stamped as married, and we can have a Ukrainian document of our marriage backdated to our actual marriage date)

Again I need to know what documents I need to have our marriage certified there? I was married and divorced before my current wife. I have heard I need to translate and stamp : a recent document of family history (marriages, divorces ...etc.), passport, birth certificate, previous divorce and a criminal record.

Can anyone confirm because once we leave from here to Ukraine, if they need more documents I might not be able to arrange for someone to get it ready, stamp from our MFA, then translate, then stamp from embassy (which works only two days a week !!!) , then send it via courier

Sorry you are right. Then under the general rule you should go to the Ukrainian ambasy in Egypt and obey to the legalization procedure. As I understand your post you have done so and have the legalized your marriage certificate so your marriage is legitimate in Ukraine. Now you want to have your wife changing family name getting a stamp in her passport. What I did not understand is your desire to backdate your marrige certificate. I do not understand what you mean here.

Anyway, I agree to help you. But to call and clear out what you want to know I need to know the whole story, copies of docs etc. So if want me to help send me a PM with your email so that we could communicate better.

P.S. As you need only to call and ask, I do not need from you any money for this.