How can I become a ukrainian citizen?

how can I become a ukrainian citizen?   live and work there?

Hi and welcome to the forum alessio111!

An introduction maybe?
Where are you from?

Regards
Armand

Being a US citizen you do not need a visa to come to Ukraine and can be here 90/180 days. Then you need to departure and enter again.

To work here you need to obtain the work permit based on the working visa.

Alessio, Have you been to Ukraine?  I'm going for the first time this winter. Maybe in January and stay for at least two months. I'm leaning toward three months actually. Maybe you should do the same thing first?

...guys seriously, do you need to be in Ukraine? The country is not that cheap - most prices are on par with EU and US, while people make only $300-400 in major cities and $500-600 in the capital.

Ukrainian ledies...they are not that easy either. They will swinddle you out of your money and leave you outside in the rain (figuratively speaking). Just thing about it...

oleggy wrote:

...guys seriously, do you need to be in Ukraine? The country is not that cheap - most prices are on par with EU and US, while people make only $300-400 in major cities and $500-600 in the capital.

The question was how to become a Ukrainian citizen but not should I move here or not. And if you like to warn this man, then a good advice, imho, should have been not to change the citizenship status. I bag a pardon, but this your answer, oleggy, is another one in a long line of antiukrainian posts that distort the reality and depict the country you were born and brought up.

oleggy wrote:

Ukrainian ledies...they are not that easy either. They will swinddle you out of your money and leave you outside in the rain (figuratively speaking). Just thing about it...

I would suggest you rereading this statement you wrote about Ukrainian women. First, you do not know the reason of this guy comming here. Second, you are literally saying that all Ukrainian women are scammers, wh..., etc. How about apologizing???

GreyKyiv wrote:
oleggy wrote:

The question was how to become a Ukrainian citizen but not should I move here or not. And if you like to warn this man, then a good advice, imho, should have been not to change the citizenship status. I bag a pardon, but this your answer, oleggy, is another one in a long line of antiukrainian posts that distort the reality and depict the country you were born and brought up.

oleggy wrote:

I would suggest you rereading this statement you wrote about Ukrainian women. First, you do not know the reason of this guy comming here. Second, you are literally saying that all Ukrainian women are scammers, wh..., etc. How about apologizing???

..well look man, we both know our country - so not much I can say here. As to my advice to others on this forum - I would really like it to be my business. What gives out you guys (in a sense that you and also pav-kov attack me personally because you don't like what I have to say) is that you have never missed a single note I posted about the real state of things in Ukraine.

Now, if you really want ton help why don't you post your own approximation of an average salary in Kiev...or any other info that a person thinking about becoming Ukrainian citizen might want to see? Do you really think that attacking me is the best way to help others?

The bottom line is  - go ahead and list reasons e why one might want to move to Ukraine, but don't tell me that I am disrespectful towards Ukrainian women. Sadly, it is a well known fact that Ukraine is a sex-tourism hot-spot for the whole of Western Europe, with my home city of Odessa having the highest rate of HIV infection on the whole continent. Should not a person wanting to become a Ukrainian cotizen be aware of that?

PS. ...and if you so much dislike the truth about our country, why don't you try changing it?  My  plan is to make people aware of the problems we face, to vote and try to change things and so on. What are you doing, but "suggercoating" the problem?

Hello.

Could you please calm down and come back to the initial topic? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

oleggy wrote:

..well look man, we both know our country - so not much I can say here. As to my advice to others on this forum - I would really like it to be my business. What gives out you guys (in a sense that you and also pav-kov attack me personally because you don't like what I have to say) is that you have never missed a single note I posted about the real state of things in Ukraine.

Yes I know what Ukraine is and I never told it is kind of the US. It is a developing country with lots of problems. I never argued that there is no corruption, it is easy to find a highly paid job etc. But it is not like you depict it. In almost every your post you advice people not to come here.

oleggy wrote:

Now, if you really want ton help why don't you post your own approximation of an average salary in Kiev...or any other info that a person thinking about becoming Ukrainian citizen might want to see? Do you really think that attacking me is the best way to help others?

I have posted already the avarage salary as well as other information in my 90 posts on this forum. And I am not attaking you. I do not care about you. But now I cannot read silently your posts and want people to know that you distort the information. Pav_kov said that, ace (expat btw) said that and I am saying this. So no, I am not attaking you. I am just saying that you provide distorted information.

oleggy wrote:

The bottom line is  - go ahead and list reasons e why one might want to move to Ukraine,

No comment:)

oleggy wrote:

but don't tell me that I am disrespectful towards Ukrainian women. Sadly, it is a well known fact that Ukraine is a sex-tourism hot-spot for the whole of Western Europe, with my home city of Odessa having the highest rate of HIV infection on the whole continent. Should not a person wanting to become a Ukrainian cotizen be aware of that?

Yes he should be aware of this. And this would have been a good worning from you. But read that sentence you posted earlier and think about what you had said in it. I am not telling that you lie. You distort the information. The fact you pointed out is true, I guess. But it does not mean that every women is a scammer and a HIV positive.

oleggy wrote:

PS. ...and if you so much dislike the truth about our country, why don't you try changing it?  My  plan is to make people aware of the problems we face, to vote and try to change things and so on. What are you doing, but "suggercoating" the problem?

Truth cannot be changed, man. It is truth. And I try to change Ukraine for better. I live here, work here and not going to immigrate. I do not tell people not to come here 'cause they will get HIV, get scammed, get miserable livings, etc. And I do not recommend people to move to Bulgaria instead of Ukraine (this is my favorite "advice" of yours).

I do not think you are a bad guy or that you want to cause harm to Ukraine. You must have good intentions. But it seems you live in your own world, or maybe you lived in your own world when you lived in Ukraine. So as I am not a first person telling you this, it may be worth of thinking about it.

GreyKyiv wrote:
oleggy wrote:

Yes I know what Ukraine is and I never told it is kind of the US. It is a developing country with lots of problems. I never argued that there is no corruption, it is easy to find a highly paid job etc. But it is not like you depict it. In almost every your post you advice people not to come here.

oleggy wrote:

I have posted already the avarage salary as well as other information in my 90 posts on this forum. And I am not attaking you. I do not care about you. But now I cannot read silently your posts and want people to know that you distort the information. Pav_kov said that, ace (expat btw) said that and I am saying this. So no, I am not attaking you. I am just saying that you provide distorted information.

oleggy wrote:

The bottom line is  - go ahead and list reasons e why one might want to move to Ukraine,

No comment:)

oleggy wrote:

but don't tell me that I am disrespectful towards Ukrainian women. Sadly, it is a well known fact that Ukraine is a sex-tourism hot-spot for the whole of Western Europe, with my home city of Odessa having the highest rate of HIV infection on the whole continent. Should not a person wanting to become a Ukrainian cotizen be aware of that?

Yes he should be aware of this. And this would have been a good worning from you. But read that sentence you posted earlier and think about what you had said in it. I am not telling that you lie. You distort the information. The fact you pointed out is true, I guess. But it does not mean that every women is a scammer and a HIV positive.

oleggy wrote:

Truth cannot be changed, man. It is truth. And I try to change Ukraine for better. I live here, work here and not going to immigrate. I do not tell people not to come here 'cause they will get HIV, get scammed, get miserable livings, etc. And I do not recommend people to move to Bulgaria instead of Ukraine (this is my favorite "advice" of yours).

I do not think you are a bad guy or that you want to cause harm to Ukraine. You must have good intentions. But it seems you live in your own world, or maybe you lived in your own world when you lived in Ukraine. So as I am not a first person telling you this, it may be worth of thinking about it.

OK..anough is anough. I am ware that about 50% of Ukrainians (or pro-Russian citizens who happen live in Ukraine)prefer to ignore the problems and diss others. I know that so you don't have to reply to my every post...

What I wrote were the facts from EU Comission report on Ukraine in regards to HIV situation and sex trafficking / sex tourism. 

In regards to Bulgaria property prices (as well as others) are simply twice lower in Bulgaria... so that is that.

As to who lives where  - I am proud of making $3000 in US as a technical writer for an IT company, while in Ukraine I was offered $400 at KyivPost to work as a business journalist....

Now about the advice on this forum....if you have something to say - please do so, but it seems to me that the only facts of your posting  are that I should not post because you don't like it. Get a grip on reality man - I and other forward looking Ukrainians are trying to change the country for the better, warning others of the corrupt state of conditions so that they don't get burned. Now what are you really doing here by attacking me and everything I have to say?

@ oleggy. I was clear and do not see a reason to fill this forum with twaddle. Do not get emotional, just think what you say. Good luck.

Here is alessio111's question

and here is your response Oleggy

Where in his message alessio111 mentioned cost of living or Ukrainians women ?

Ok, you're not happy with your country of origin (I guess every expat can have issues with his country of origin), but could you please help the other members by responding to their questions, instead of trying to discourage them and criticizing their projects ?

Can't any foreigner love Ukraine ?

GreyKyiv wrote:

@ oleggy. I was clear and do not see a reason to fill this forum with twaddle. Do not get emotional, just think what you say. Good luck.

..yeah, but that is exactly my point - you  post no concrete info here, just attcking me instead. Now what - are you warning me to think before I post? Are you out of your mind - I always say what I see fit.

The only thing that keeps me on this forum is not conversing with you man, but the urge to warn others who don't know any better. You - well go ahead and say that all is OK in Ukraine. They also do that in Russia, which makes none of what I say any less true. While your attacks just show your true colors.

Julien wrote:

Here is alessio111's question

and here is your response Oleggy

Where in his message alessio111 mentioned cost of living or Ukrainians women ?

Ok, you're not happy with your country of origin (I guess every expat can have issues with his country of origin), but could you please help the other members by responding to their questions, instead of trying to discourage them and criticizing their projects ?

Can't any foreigner love Ukraine ?

Ok, I guess I see your point. In that regard I can only state the following: I love my country and the history, the heritage that the land carries. I think those things have served me well throughout my life. The issue here is not my patriotism, but the fact that due to very difficult history (centuries old domination by others...) translating into very difficult current political and economic climate the place is definately NOT an easy spot for an axpat.

I have written to you personally about all of that and will not repeat myself. I will also not post on this forum anymore.

Now you are doing a great disservice by letting go of all the personal attacks from the likes of pav_kov and GreyKiev (or whatever) and others.

The truthful things I said about Ukraine on this forum have been said and continue to  be said about many other countries on this siteas well (Bulgaria, Bosnia, Serbia, etc...). Ukraine due to the very devisive ethnic makeup is by far in the worst situation of all of them. However, that same difficult political situation and devided loyalties (half the country wants to pretent that everything is fine in Uktraine and wants back to old USSR and or at least to new Russia) means that I get attacked here much more other than people saying similar things about other places.
That is where you should have come in. I guess you decided not to and it is OK - it is yor site the moderation job you are doing is being done to your "customers". All I can do is simply regret this and continue telling others that Ukraine is not the place to go until the political situation changes.

alessio111 wrote:

...having said all I have about the current political and economic situation in Ukraine if you still want to apply for Ukrainian citizenship, please follow the link below. If you (having read the link) think that the process is too complicated, not worth it or whatever, please contact Julien, pav_kov and GreyKyiv for help:

http://www.ukrconsul.org/Citizenship_ukraine_EN.htm

the moderation job you are doing is being done to your "customers"

Oleggy, I don't consider anyone here as a "customer", but as members who are doing their best to help each other. Expat.com is 100% free for any individual all around the world - only private companies have to pay to promote their products and services

sorry for being off topic

keith841 wrote:

Alessio, Have you been to Ukraine?  I'm going for the first time this winter. Maybe in January and stay for at least two months. I'm leaning toward three months actually. Maybe you should do the same thing first?

I was in the ukraine , for 2 weeks, I love it there, people very friendly and good hearted, I would live there if I had the chance, I met so many friends and had a good time, I miss those friends very much.

GreyKyiv wrote:

Being a US citizen you do not need a visa to come to Ukraine and can be here 90/180 days. Then you need to departure and enter again.

hello, can you give me a list of autobody shops in kiev? ukraine. painting cars, is my career, maby I can see if any jobs for me there, in the futer, thanks   from  alessio

alessio111 wrote:
GreyKyiv wrote:

hello, can you give me a list of autobody shops in kiev? ukraine. painting cars, is my career, maby I can see if any jobs for me there, in the futer, thanks   from  alessio

Sorry, I do not have any. If you want to do a search while being in the US then what about contacting official car dealers?

I WANT LIVE AND WORK IN UKRAIN .BUT I DON"t KNOW HOW IT CAN BE POSIBLE.JUST LET ME THE PROCIDER.

Hi  SAHARIAR,

Avoid posting in the caps lock on the forum, this make your text hard to read.

Thank you,

David.

Expat-blog team.