I'm so confused can someone please advise?

Hello ☺️
I wondered if anyone could help.
I've posted on every forum I can find and no one has responded and I am going a bit mad with anxiety.

My situation/questions:

I've read a lot of forums about people with Tier 5 YMS expiring wanting to return to the UK shortly after.

I'm in the same boat and wondering if there are any updates or if people can share their experiences.

I'm Canadian, been here on a Tier 5 YMS which expires in April. I plan to leave the day of or before expiry but wish to take advantage of cheap Europe travel and will travel/volunteer around continental Europe for the next 6 weeks. However, bringing my suitcase will be expensive and annoying so I want to keep it in the UK and fly back to the UK end of May to grab my suitcase and catch a flight back to Canada, one-way, a week later.

I expect that should I not get through the eGates I would need to convince the border agent that I'm not planning to illegally stay.

My questions are thus:

-if I do get through the eGates, on future visits or eventual sponsorship applications (which I'm hoping for with new points based scheme next year), would that look like I'm trying to evade officers or be fine?

-would the following documentation be likely to be convincing enough evidence that I am not planning to do anything illegal or stay beyond a week:

one way ticket to Canada a week later
copy of my resignation emails to my jobs, and P45s where available and where they aren't, a letter from my employer confirming I have resigned (I have 2 jobs)
a letter from a friend locally confirming they have held onto my bags while I travelled and that I can stay with them a week until my flight home
a letter from my brother in Canada confirming that I will be able to live with him
I don't have a job lined up (yet!) in Canada and don't have long term accommodations sorted yet (it's one of those - hard to get housing without a job and hard to get a job from abroad situations), but can show maybe that I have been applying for jobs, with a few copies of application emails?

I have kept putting off booking my flight out of fear and maybe should just bring my bags and leave them somewhere in Europe instead and fly from there but it's an extra cost, extra stress, would really prefer just coming back and flying home from here.....

To add to this, I've received what I believe is incorrect information from an American pal who has just made everything even more difficult and makes me wonder if I'm completely out of it or somehow missed some really important information; he has suggested that it may be problematic traveling send Europe with an expired UK visa - which I can't imagine why as Shenghen and UK are totally separate.

Advice appreciated!

HI again.

Assuming you're flying back to Canada from LHR, then they have a left-luggage facility where you can leave your case in the airport, but they charge  £8.50 p/day (link).

On your way back, the UK pass through visas are only valid for 48 hours; so that's how long you can stay without a proper visa.

UK short-term visas cost  £95.00; details of how to apply for a UK visa can be found on the UK Gov website; this link will take you there.

As for the rest of it, my advice is to speak to the UK Border Force, it's one of that departments officers you'll be talking to on the day, so you really need some current information, not someone's experience from however long ago.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team