Visa Background Check

I understand that a background check is required for work and resident visas.  Does anyone know how strict these checks are?  What would disqualify someone from obtaining a visa?

parfunkel wrote:

I understand that a background check is required for work and resident visas.  Does anyone know how strict these checks are?  What would disqualify someone from obtaining a visa?

For the USA, any crime which is punishable by more than 1 year in jail, will disqualify a person from getting a visa. Any crime related to guns, violence, sex, or drugs will disqualify. The FBI background checks are vary strict and are done by the FBI. However, if you come from a country that does not keep good records, you can get a visa without the FBI knowing about your crimes. Or you can go to Mexico and walk across the USA border. Then you are an "undocumented worker," and you can go to San Francisco, which is a sanctuary city. San Francisco protects all criminals who are illegal aliens, even if they are violent killers.  The FBI background checks takes several weeks, months, or years, depending on their backlog of cases, which is large. You can do your own criminal record background search online in a few minutes, but they do not qualify as official government background checks for a visa.

re: I understand that a background check is required for work and resident visas.  Does anyone know how strict these checks are?  What would disqualify someone from obtaining a visa?

You get disqualification if search by address you have county court records. There a lot of companies providing usa people search that will track your records and background. But if you pass in address verification the next is to check if you have current criminal records..

Hope this helps

Does any one know what would disqualify some one from getting a Work Visa for Chile? In other words I am a US citizen and thinking about going to Chile.
Thanks

Basically for majority if not all countries, any felonies and convictions will disqualify you from a visa application. Any red flags shown on your background check will also be ground for disqualification.

Red flags would include:
Felonies, convictions, arrest warrants, pending cases, if your a registered sex offender, or on the FBI suspected terrorist watch list.

they do not include:
misdemeanors, dropped cases, crimes when you were a minor, credit reports, or parking tickets

Hope this answers your question.

I'm a grandmother with a pet dog. I'd love to spend a winter in the wine country of Chile but won't leave my dog or subject him to quarantine.  Any idea of what it takes to get a pet into the country? Also, can an American buy an acre of land and have a garden?

Hi Nidra, maybe you should start a new discussion ?

The entire site is run by the Department of Public Safety and the way it is set up shows a no-nonsense approach to criminal issues. Once you get into the free criminal check site click on the information you need and you will be taken to that particular page and guided through the steps to get it.

I am sorry for the question but I don't understand what this thread is all about. As there are different posts. And some of them are not related to each other so I am bit confused about it.

(moderated: no ads please)