Best modern apartment buildings close to D1 in Saigon?

Hey community,

I am doing some research on the best modern apartment buildings to stay in Saigon with the following criteria:

- Top notch in building gym
- Close to D1
- Good grocery shopping in walking distance
- Furnished apartments available

So far I am considering

- Vinhomes Golden River
- Vinhomes Central Park
- Rivergate Residence
- Ben Thanh Tower

Wanted to see if this community has any additional input or feedback on the selection.

Also what is the best approach to explore inventory in those buildings without paying a high premium on rent?

Thanks /Bellweg

Avoid Vinhomes at all costs...

I just moved out of Vinhomes Golden River after 4 months due to the horrible management and happily took the loss of 3600$ deposit just to get out of there.

My experiences with Vinhomes Central Park are also rather negative but only result from a few AirBnb stays there. It's very convenient for shopping but overall quality of the buildings is rather low and management could easily be replaced by cardboard cut-outs.

From all that I've seen you won't find "Top notch" gyms in any apartment building. They are all rather basic and absolutely no replacement for real gyms outside of occasional cardio workouts.

I moved into City Garden now and I'm quite happy here so far. Basic necessities including a small western food store can be found in the complex and there's plenty of shopping and great food just outside the complex. Pool area is also great compared to Vinhomes.

Thanks Devbob - did you work with an agent to secure the place? Whats common with respect to rental lease and notice period from what you have seen?

You can just create a new facebook account, join one of the many housing groups, make a post what you're looking for and enjoy the endless and mostly completely unrelated spam from the agents. I got lucky and found a superb agent, he went above and beyond to help me getting a good deal.

For leasing terms most seem to be rather identical. 2 months rent deposit, 1 month rent upfront. One year of contract duration, at least for the higher end apartments. It's always smart to include a one month trial period in which you can leave without loosing your deposit. Notice period is 30 days in most cases as far as I can tell.

Make sure to triple check every corner of an apartment and every piece of furniture before signing. Most furnishings I've seen here are just utter trash. Building quality is also trash, especially bathrooms lack standards.

Not a big fan of vinhomes. I see the appeal if I had a family there, space for my kids to run around and parks to play in.And yes the building quality and standards is only so so. Novaland projects are quality though and well maintained though.

I would personally stay along district 4. Just a walk across the canal to D1.

Have a look at icon 56 and the tressor.