Visa extension and unexpected travel

Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge or experience with this situation. 

EXAMPLE: I have a visa extension that is good for 6 months; e.g. expires Sept. 30.  If I have to leave the Philippines for unexpected situation (e.g. attend a funeral) for a week in June.  When I return is my original visa extension to Sept. 30 still valid or am I starting all over again when I return in June?

This fellow appears to have answered this question a while back

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 44#3778459

...i just paid and extended for 6 months. If i leave the Phil. the 6 month extension i paid for is invalidated per immigration official i asked.

How was the AirB&B?

Yes, that previous post does answer my question.  So you'd be "out of luck" as the visa process would start all over again.  Thanks for finding that post.

As for the AirBNB, unfortunately the pool is closed for repairs... for a month,  and the pool was one of the key reasons I picked this condo,  Also, no hot plate in the kitchen, just a microwave, rice pot and toaster so making meals will be more of a challenge.  A disappointing start to my stay here.  Hopefully things will get better.

nosredna wrote:

Yes, that previous post does answer my question.  So you'd be "out of luck" as the visa process would start all over again.  Thanks for finding that post.

As for the AirBNB, unfortunately the pool is closed for repairs... for a month,  and the pool was one of the key reasons I picked this condo,  Also, no hot plate in the kitchen, just a microwave, rice pot and toaster so making meals will be more of a challenge.  A disappointing start to my stay here.  Hopefully things will get better.

sorry to hear that

but on the bright side, it could always be worse

cheers