EP second time application

Hey guys, looking for opinions/views from other members on here.
I'm a Malaysian Chinese and my employer applied the EP for me. But it got rejected due to them not posting on Jobbanks. My employer then posted up the ad for 14 days and then submitted an application for my EP. I don't know why they didn't appeal but chose to submit a new application. The rejection on my first EP was two weeks after they had applied. The status online now is pending. I'm very anxious and scared that it might get rejected again.. anyone have any thoughts? How long would it take to know the results of the second time application? (It's been 2 weeks) Do rejections take quicker and approval slower?

Read existing threads, plenty of information is on this.

surya2k wrote:

Read existing threads, plenty of information is on this.

I have! I just wanted to seek opinions / thoughts from other members

If you read the threads then how come you are asking  that how Long it will take second time? Your earlier application was rejected due to your employer's negligence. Second application, it has no influence to your earlier application. So, it will take its own time but during the first application review at MoM, if they have already done verification of few documents then the outcome should be earlier or else it will go through normal processing time. Good luck

If anyone wanted to know, my EP was actually approved yesterday ... so 2 weeks in total. Faster than I expected seeing that the common answer was 3 weeks to know about the EP result. Hope this helps anyone looking for current information ~

Hi ,

Thanks for the update . Mine EP application (For employer change) has been already applied since last 2+ weeks and status is still in Pending. Wondering why it is taking this much time.

Thanks...

Indestructible007 wrote:

Hi ,

Thanks for the update . Mine EP application (For employer change) has been already applied since last 2+ weeks and status is still in Pending. Wondering why it is taking this much time.

Thanks...

Hmm apparently the average amount of time is 3 weeks. But for my own experience it took exactly 2 weeks for the 2 times my EP was rejected and then subsequently approved. It's so hard to say honestly and also I was worried if the coronavirus situation would affect the time in which the MOM grants the results. The most I can do is speculate. Wishing you the best of luck! It's an anxious position for sure :/ update if there's any news!

amanda96 wrote:
Indestructible007 wrote:

Hi ,

Thanks...

Hmm apparently the average amount of time is 3 weeks. But for my own experience it took exactly 2 weeks for the 2 times my EP was rejected and then subsequently approved. It's so hard to say honestly and also I was worried if the coronavirus situation would affect the time in which the MOM grants the results. The most I can do is speculate. Wishing you the best of luck! It's an anxious position for sure :/ update if there's any news!

Sure . I hope it gets approved soon.

The average approval time of posters on this forum in recent months is 8 - 12 weeks, but there were also cases with faster and (sometimes much) longer processing time.
I recommend you read some of the related forum discussions - the topic comes up every few days!

beppi wrote:

The average approval time of posters on this forum in recent months is 8 - 12 weeks, but there were also cases with faster and (sometimes much) longer processing time.
I recommend you read some of the related forum discussions - the topic comes up every few days!

Thanks Beppi. What i have observed is , the EP approval mostly depends on the company applying for it. I have a friend whose EP got approved in just 3 days and also has 2 friends who got hired in the same company and their EP approval took 10 days. Maybe , the company who applied for my EP comes under lower category which is why it is taking time. on 4th March, my EP application would complete 3 weeks. And i checked today with the HR , and seems i may get the result by next week.

Many companies in Singapore who have got workpass privileges at MoM, get preferences to their employees but again it depends on demand and supply of the skilled foreigners work force which they are seeking for EP approval.

It depends on other criteria too before a work pass gets approved at MoM.

Hello everyone!

Just want to ask for my SPASS (Im worrying you are all EP holders)

Almost 3 years working in Singapore

This is my 3rd job already:
Applied: Feb 5
Rejected: Feb 17
Reason: Wrong previous company name in the spass application
Designation: Interior Designer
Salary: $2900

Reapplied: Feb 20
Pending til now

Previously my spass had just 1week+ of approval but now is 2 weeks and counting.

Another question: Does MOM really approves during Sat and Sun?!

Thank you

Read the existing threads, we have plenty of discussion on this topic. Good luck

surya2k wrote:

Many companies in Singapore who have got workpass privileges at MoM, get preferences to their employees but again it depends on demand and supply of the skilled foreigners work force which they are seeking for EP approval.

It depends on other criteria too before a work pass gets approved at MoM.

After 24 days of my EP Application , it got rejected due to an issue with the jobs bank post. Company would be posting the job advert again and will be appealing against the failed application. Let's see what happens next. Fingers crossed.  :nothappy:

Is job bank post needed if spass only?

Did you (or your employer) try to find the answer on your own?
Here it is: https://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-pract … -framework

MoM is nice enough to inform you of the expected processing time. This is not usual - most people wait for weeks and months without any news or indication. Be glad!

anonymous80 wrote:

Hi -

I am a Risk and compliance professional, with a post graduate degree from India. My last drawn monthly salary was SGD 10,000 per month. I got a new offer in February for about SGD 12,000 per month, and the new employer applied for my new EP....but the EP application got rejected due to error in job posting by the employer.

Thereafter the new employer reposted the job posting for 14 days and appealed against the EP rejection on March 12, 2020. Last night on March 30, (after 2.5 weeks), we got this one liner email from MoM "We know this appeal is important to you. However, we need more time to review it. We will make every effort to get back to you within the next 3 weeks".

Any thoughts on what this may be due to?  You can appreciate, i am getting anxious

Hi Bro,

Did you get the outcome for your appeal ? I believe its already 3 weeks now.

Thanks...

amanda96 wrote:

If anyone wanted to know, my EP was actually approved yesterday ... so 2 weeks in total. Faster than I expected seeing that the common answer was 3 weeks to know about the EP result. Hope this helps anyone looking for current information ~

Great! Was it your first time applying for the EP?