Health Insurance

Hello All, I am soon to be moving to Hanoi on a personal 2 year R&R.  Can anyone living in Vietnam or SE Asia for that matter about health insurance.  Any recommended programs, costs, do I need any, etc.

Thank you in advance for sharing your insight and experience.

Bobby

Bobby
I am working through International Medical insurance currently and will attend HCMC next week for some clarifications, but presents well both with costing and coverage.

Provider is Pacific Cross Vietnam

Will communicate with further development.

Cheers
Wayne

NomadBob123 wrote:

Hello All, I am soon to be moving to Hanoi on a personal 2 year R&R.  Can anyone living in Vietnam or SE Asia for that matter about health insurance.  Any recommended programs, costs, do I need any, etc.

Thank you in advance for sharing your insight and experience.

Bobby

There is a TON of discussion about this already on the forum under this link:

https://www.expat.com/forum/219-10-heal … etnam.html

I can introduce you to my insurance agent, who also happens to be my wife, so yes perhaps I am a little partial but I've been using the insurance for 4 years with out any trouble. She can provide you coverage for health, life, and accident at a very reasonable price (when compaired  to the US where I am from).
    The question about whether you need insurance seems like maybe something only you can answer for yourself. To me, it's a no-brainer. There is a deadly virus going around  the world right now. In my opinion, the traffic in Vietnam is extreemly dangerous. Do I need insurance? You're damn right I do. Send me a personal message if you want to know more.

Perfect, thank you Wayne.  That would be great.

Thanks again.

Bobby

Will do, thank you OB.  I did try to find a forum on it before I sent the email out, but could not find anything.  But will definitely use the link provided.

Thanks again.

Bobby

Thank you dbrutter, and defiantly want to now more.  I was asking if others thought it was needed because I read several people say on other sites that they would typically pay cash if the need something medical and it normally put them at the front of the line.  But I have always had insurance here in the states so that is probably the direction I am going myself.

Thanks again.

You are very welcome. The Expat rules will not allow me to post contact information here. If you look at the top right of this post you should see a rectangular shaped box that looks kind of like a note pad. Touch the box and send me a personal message. I will get back with you soon.

Not sure I hit the right one, but will find out I guess...lol.  I would like to get some information on health care.  Thanks again, Bobby

Wayne

Moderated by Loïc 4 years ago
Reason : for security reasons, we do not accept personal information on the forum. Share them through the private message system
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct