Coronavirus - forced fever check by condo admin

I was tested at the entrance to a pool on the beach Yesterday.  They are just employees doing what they have been told.   If things are getting cleaned and disinfected more often thats not so bad.   Remember normal Influenza (Flu) killed 623,000 people in the 2018/19 season (WHO), so anything that helps reduce deaths from one of the real killers is good.   Especially for us oldies

Now they say the virus possibly was from the weapons biological center 258 meters from Wuhan market

Vaneric wrote:

Now they say the virus possibly was from the weapons biological center 258 meters from Wuhan market

First, who is "they"?

Second, every reputable expert on biological weapons says this is BS.

SARS, from which novel coronavirus is descended from, was a weaponized version of the original coronavirus. COVID-19 also contains the HIV delivery mechanism and something similar to Ebola in terms of transmission (being spread through feces and urine). It's also airborne so travelling on airplanes right now is generally a bad idea. It's possible to get reinfected even after having been cured, and the second infection is often fatal due to due to a sudden heart attack.

It's a chimeric virus, having attributes of multiple viral families. This genetic manipulation can be done easily through RNA splicing using CRISPR, which would be widely available to the public, although the viruses themselves originated from various bioweapons facilities. The level 4 facility in Wuhan is close to the exotic meat wet market, but it is not known if it was an accidental or deliberate release. It could be an intentional or unintended coincidence.

Some up-to-date coverage on this topic: http://trunewslive.com

Get's more interesting day after day.  Will we ever know the truth?

https://nypost.com/2020/02/22/dont-buy- … rom-a-lab/

vndreamer wrote:

Get's more interesting day after day.  Will we ever know the truth?

https://nypost.com/2020/02/22/dont-buy- … rom-a-lab/

When I'm looking for the truth, I damn sure don't go to the New York Post to find it!.
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/new-york-post/

typical, ignore the facts and attack the messenger.  Just 1 source of many available.  Just so you can do your own research, the alleged fact checker site you used is documented as not reliable i.e., Fake news.  But I could careless, the issue are the facts, not the messengers.

I supposed you know better than the experts at the CDC.

Statistics are proving that more people are getting sick of this forum since we started talking about the virus

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Statistics are proving that more people are getting sick of this forum since we started talking about the virus

It could be that the virus infects us via WiFi.  Just because no expert mentions it doesn't mean it cannot happen.   :lol:

The 55,672 is 2% of total number of deaths, not 2 per 100,000 of the population of 327.2 million.
The number of influenza deaths (6,515) IS about 2 per 100,000.

Flixtone wrote:

I was tested at the entrance to a pool on the beach Yesterday.  They are just employees doing what they have been told.   If things are getting cleaned and disinfected more often thats not so bad.   Remember normal Influenza (Flu) killed 623,000 people in the 2018/19 season (WHO), so anything that helps reduce deaths from one of the real killers is good.   Especially for us oldies

Get checked everywhere for temperature. Have a running competition to see who has the cooler reading. Some of mine are in the low 34 range and some low 36 range. Had one reading that just said low.. 🤔

Anyways... They let you use the pool ? Wish they would here

Wasn't they originally saying the virus got passed to humans by an unknown species as a bridge between us and bats ??

Bio weapon thoery been going on for years when writers create new best sellers using made up outbreaks. 

Dean Koontz mentioned Wuhan in one of his books a long time ago.

If it was a bioweapon surely the creators would have a vaccine to protect or treat their own people ?

Jlgarbutt wrote:

Bio weapon thoery been going on for years when writers create new best sellers using made up outbreaks. 

It's The Eyes of Darkness, published in '81 and he used the pen name Leigh Nichols.  I've read it and still have a tattered copy in CA.  In that original version, the virus was the 400th man-made microorganism created in a lab outside of Gorky, Russia -- the reason they named it Gorky 400.

The book was reprinted in '89.  I reread the new edition at Boston Library in the spring of '90 while waiting for the shuttle to NYC and was surprised to see the virus' name became Wuhan 400.  Later, I found out the name was changed to keep current with the world political climate: Russia was no longer the bad guy, instead, China stepped up to be #1 villain with Tiananmen Square Massacre.

Jlgarbutt wrote:

Wasn't they originally saying the virus got passed to humans by an unknown species as a bridge between us and bats ??

If it was a bioweapon surely the creators would have a vaccine to protect or treat their own people ?

People love conspiracy theories and I have no doubt some are true, who knows. But have to agree that if anyone developed a bio-weapon then they would not release it into the world without knowing how to stop it. Unless of course it escaped by accident. Either way, we are all at the mercy of whatever information comes to light and even then who the hell knows if its true ? Oh I forgot . . .. as quoted by some on here, we can all rely on YouTube !

Ontheroad57 wrote:

I'm actually piloting the procedure in my building.   But I'm not taking shortcuts.

If your fair dinkum , Rectum temperature checks are the only way to go .
I've been standing in the lobby all day with my trousers off ....only thing I'm wearing is a pair of rubber gloves & my Brass diving bell incase someone farts during the procedure.

You can never be too careful.

No! No! No! please revise procedure. Person TAKING temperature don't need trousers off!

To anyone complaining about the temperature checks. Please be aware that it is part of customer service. Now done by security staff before you enter banks, supermarkets etc.

Not once have I been bullied in to it or experienced it being done in an indiscriminate manner.

I agree with you!

colinoscapee wrote:

If they didnt take preventative measures and you got sick, who would be the first person to moan and groan about the lack of preventative action.....YOU.

That's right, I think such a request is reasonable and necessary. Moreover, during self-isolation, daily temperature measurement is necessary. By the way, does anyone need a thermometer? I bought a new easy-to-use forehead thermometer, they are discounted: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086MVY6ZG  code: AXTQ2WRV

I wonder where all the gods are now, why are letting their followers die.

Im sure the old chestnut " My god is testing me" would have passed over a few lips in recent months.

Ciambella wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

It could be that the virus infects us via WiFi.  Just because no expert mentions it doesn't mean it cannot happen.   :lol:

I believe wi-fi is a vector for certain mental illnesses - as evidenced by some recent posts on this forum re: COVID-19.  :blink: