New members of the Oman forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Oman forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Oman if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi!
I'm Louise O'Driscoll, from Cork in Ireland.
I'm traveling solo and about to take up a job with Al Musannah Technical College.
It will be my first time in Oman but not in the Gulf.
Today I'm looking into renting a room near the college.
Any advice/ contacts would be appreciated,
Regards,
Louise

Hi Louise ,

Welcome to Oman, wishing you all the best in your new role.
Good to know that you are from Ireland. I have been to Ireland twice to visit my family there.

You can try OLX (Mobile application / website) to find suitable options. May you can narrow your search zone to be nearby the college.

BR.

Thank you for the response. I will certainly try that app.
All the very best,
Louise O'Driscoll

Hi,
Receive Visit visa for Oman.
Looking for a job in any customer service or sales industry.
I have 7 years of sales experience in the Automobile.
Worked with Mercedes Benz, Audi, Tata Motors & Mahindra.

kindly help me

MHD mohsin haider darwaish , Zubair automotive ,Volvo these are the best in automotive companies can show your physical presence and arrange some meeting with them with your updated cv may be hoping for the good and good luck.

Hi Satti,
Request if you can arrange an interview for me please it will be helpful for me.
As I have experience in sales dealt with ultra H&I clients.
I will be landing in muscat by the 12th of March.
Request your support.
My Watsapp/call number is ***

Thanks for your prompt reply.
Awaiting for your kind response

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details only through private messaging. Thank you.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thanks a ton!  Once I land in muscat sure I will go in these showrooms to drop my resume.
Request you to share all these showrooms locations, please. As I am new to country.

Hi Louise

How did your move go ?

We are moving to  Muscat from the UK over Easter with the family . My husband has already moved , so are looking forward to joining him.

Best wishes

Kiran

Hi Kiran!
I m still waiting for my visa, so I ve no set date yet as to when. I expect it to be in the next 2 weeks hopefully. Best fo luck to all of us no?
If you'd like to keep in touch it would be great to have someone to meet for a coffee. It makes all the difference! I ll keep you posted if you d like.
All the best,
Louise

Try searching room using Olx. and better to purchase used furnicher as it would cost you less

:)

Yes okay, thank you!
All the best,
Louise O'Driscoll

Hi!
I ve got a date now, 14 of March. Next Sat.
Here we go!

HI All,
I am Jabesh from India, i am SAP consultant.

Might get a job in Oman soon,

i need few details on Family visa for  my parents (both father and mother aged 64 and 62 respectively).

Any help will be very handy

hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum... However i have stayed in oman for almost 25 years... I have completed my schooling in oman and then moved to India for further studies and work. Now I'm back again.

Working for a company who helps in setting up call center services in oman and also manpower outsourcing... ***

thank you

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : The free promotion of services is not allowed on the forum.

Hi
I am Malik from Canada , i have got an opportunity to work telecommunication in Muscat , So i am starting to look good schools house for rent in Muscat , Wondering if there will be any site or anyone can help in this mater ,

Hi,

I am Kathryn from England and I have secured a job as a teacher in Muscat. I have never been to Oman or the surrounding area. I am travelling alone so I am excited but nervous too, just wondered if anyone could share any information they wish they'd have known or maybe useful things!

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thanks for introducing yourselves :)

Since you all are relatively new members, I would initially suggest that you browse through the Living in Oman guide for all the basic info you might need to know as an expat in Oman.

For queries on specific subjects, you may go ahead and start new threads on the Oman forum.

Wishing you much success and luck in each of your individual endeavours  :top:

Diksha
Team Expat.com

Hello All,

I have moved to Muscat recently working as an IT head with an Automotive group, had been in Bahrain for 8 years, good to see you all.  Hopefully, things will be back to normal soon. stay safe and take care.

Akhil

Hello,

Hope everyone in safe being.
I am a Malaysian currently working in Duqm, Al Wusta. Been here since December last year.

I just discovered this expat.com recently as I'm looking for Malaysian community in Oman.
Plus, I also look for colleagues that always in the look for outdoor activities and gatherings.

Hope to create connections with amazing people here.

Stay safe!

Hello,

We've being in Oman quite long, and soon it is time to leave.
I am looking for the places where i could sell used electric appliances and cars. May be you could recommend some web sites. I know only OLX.

Thank you.
Svetlana

Try OpenSooq

Hi..I'm Dr Ankur Baruah from Assam, India.. I'm an MBBS doctor by profession.
I am a naturally curious person, so I love to keep learning and picking up various new skills..
I taught myself to play lead guitar and was in a rock band in college. In 2019, I competed and qualified at National Level in Sports Rifle Shooting in Bhopal, India.. I sometimes write poetry..I did a couple of certificate  courses on stock market recently.

Basically,  I am never bored. There's always something interesting or meaningful to do or learn or try..
I believe it's better than simply wasting time!!!

That's all I have to say about myself.
A simple honest person, who likes to keep improving himself and learn new skills..

I am now looking for a job as a doctor in Oman.

Love and regards!

Hello All,

Been to Muscat a fair bit and coming to live there mid next year and can't wait!

Any tips and sorting out the logistics of moving would be appreciated.

Allie the best

Hi ,

My name is Sama, usually, people refer to me as Sam.  I'm an Omani housewife with a passion to connect, share, and exchange ideas. I'm an Omani traditional clothing designer and I love to talk about food doesn't matter if it's about the taste or even the brands.

I'm opinionative but I also love to listen and see what the world has to offer.

hello :) okay so there are few rules u need to know regarding family joining visa .. your min salary must be more than 300 omr if that is then it isnt an issue at all .. once u reach the country u can ask your sponsor to sponsor ur parents as well .. your parents , husband/wife and kids can easily live on a family joing visa there is no age limit for parents and wife but 21 is the age limit for kids , kids cant stay on family joining visa after the age of 21 :) i hope this helps

Hi, Myself Prince Peter, GM of International Gulf Investment LLC, now developing Makani Mall a ladies speciality mall. As you are a traditional designer, you can approach this particular mall. Its in Mabellah.

Hi.

My name is Paul and I will be moving to Muscat in January for a couple of months initially.  This may be followed by another 3 months, and fingers crossed, something a bit more long term.

I lived in Oman from 2004 to 2006, but I am sure lots has changed.  I would like to move my family over as well, with 3 kids (5 years, 3 years and 10 months).  At the moment I am uncertain which area to consider for renting - keeping in mind proximity to a kindergarten/school).

Two questions - 1. what are the government schools like (kindergarten and primary school; do they have English in addition to Arabic) and 2.  which areas are nice to live (not necessarily high end living, but not in an industrial area; maybe an area where you can walk around).

Thank you.

Paul

What'sapp me bro ***

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details through private messaging. Thank you.

Hi, السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Im an American muslim women in the process of trying to marry an omani man. We are trying to get the permit to marry a foreigner, if anyone has tips or can help please PM me!! I hope to be moving to oman as well and would like to find female friends.

Hi Paul,
My name is Maqsood Ahmed, basically I am by nation from Pakistan, and living here in Salalah Oman since 1997 to till.
You asked for kinder garden school, yes,  like these private many schools are here in Salalah.
Salalah city is like tourist place and cheapest living place in Oman, house rent is very normal rate, like 2 bed room flat well furnish, from 150 to 200 OMR, per month. for food expense is depend on you, from 200 to max 300 OMR, school fee 40 to 50 per kid,
If you need more information, just drop me msg in my whats app.

Maqsood Ahmed

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details through private messaging. Thank you.

Hi,

I'm looking for an indoor badminton court and club here in muscat Oman. If any of you have an idea please let me know because I want to join. My name is Paul and I am Filipino.

kindly help me,
Thank you.

Even I am looking for.

Hey HI, Louise

How's your experience in Muscat?

Is it good for expats?

Please share your experience.

And what exactly do you do in Muscat?

Regards,

Hello how r u dear. Just keep our relationship through here and try to get u Oman soon as possible.

Hi, am Kt, new to Oman and am looking to make new friends and participate in social activities.  Am interested in the outdoors / walking / nature / water sports.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=916048

Thanks!

Closed