MOVING TO OMAN FROM UNITED KINGDOM

I wish to get some positive feedback and advice in moving to Oman.I am currently looking for a suitable job and have actually had enough of living in the UK too.Please advise.

dear JERANEDERUN
wellcome to oman it is nice place
and peace
regards

U must tell the members about your professional experience and kind of job you are seeking to get the right kind of advice

i am civil engineer, have an3 year experince.want to move.
advice me,please

Hello there!
First of all, I advise you to FIND A JOB before you relocate to Oman. Depending on your trade, you may have to do some homework to find out if suitable vacancies exist in the city. The present market condition in the Gulf is tough for expats. Finding jobs is not that easy. If you have the money to live in Oman for about a year until you find yourself a job, then that's fine, but rent is not cheap. I'm telling you as it is without sugar-coating my words, because a lot of expats have gone back after losing their jobs in the Middle East. Please think hard and far before you make a decision. If you are presently holding a good job in the U.K., then it is foolish to leave everything behind and come to Oman with no job in hand. You would love the climate here though, quite sunny & warm right throughout the year, unlike the wet & balmy weather we get to put up with most of the year!

Good luck! If you are here, drop me a line.

I appreciate her honest advice

HI
dear i wish you all the best and i hope you well find what you want...

regards
amo

hi,

i have been in sohar for 18 months, found the locals like what i left behind in wales, very freindly and welcoming , glad i came to oman for my first time in the middle east.But you need to have a offere of a job in writing before you should commit to Oman, if you have professional skills you will be aright, if you dont then you find life totally different from home.

while life is easy, cost of living low, rights are limited and are dependant on the color of your skin and passport

you most well come

conact me at 99880535

Hi
dear how are you so you are leaveing oman wish you allbest for you best feture keep mailing

Best regds

syed adnana:):)

I think sometimes it is easier to get job before coming to Oman.  The compmany will then help you with visa and appartment.