HELP: Just got a job offer and need to decide

Hello Everyone,

I just got a job offer to move to Oman. I have a few questions:

Do I need many months rent in order to move into an apartment/villa?
How much can I expect to pay in rent?
Can I support a family with O.R. 1,000 per month? (will I live nice or like a poor person)

Can I lease a car? If so, how much?

Is it true that wives cannot sponsor husbands and children for a Family visa?

Can I realistically move and know that my husband will find a job on his own (if I cannot sponsor him)?

Is the salary taxed?

Hi AnnSD and Welcome to the Forum

Will try to answer some of your questions here below:

Do I need many months rent in order to move into an apartment/villa?

Not necessary, it depends mainly on the lease terms and conditions, mostly you would have to provide dated adavnce cheques covering the rental period.

How much can I expect to pay in rent?

There are several factors affecting on that like how many bedrooms are you looking for, the location of the apartment, in a building or stand alone ... But for a decent 2 bedroom apartment you may consider OR 300+ as an approximate average.

Can I support a family with O.R. 1,000 per month? (will I live nice or like a poor person)

Well, this question is quite difficult to answer as it depends on your lifestyle, there are families in Oman who are living with much less than that. First you have to consider all of your major expenses like house, car rental, bills, etc; then see whether you would be able to live a good life with the rest or not.

Can I lease a car? If so, how much?

Yes of course, you can lease a car ... You may allow for OR160-180/Month for a car rental.

Is it true that wives cannot sponsor husbands and children for a Family visa?

I think its true, however not very sure about it.

Can I realistically move and know that my husband will find a job on his own (if I cannot sponsor him)?

Your husband can find a job on his own, but again this depends on his qualifications, experience and the market demands.

Is the salary taxed?

No ... Its tax free salary.

Hope other members can provide their insights in this regard so that you can have a better view on the subject.

Good Luck :)

Thanks very much,  VidoDido, this helps a lot. I look forward to others answering too.

AnnSD wrote:

Thanks very much,  VidoDido, this helps a lot. I look forward to others answering too.

Glad that it helped ... All the Best of luck :)

I would add a word here regarding the Visa sponshership for husband and kids.

It is perhaps possible, however the visa expenses and the sponshership to be bourne by the Wife. This basically happens in good reputed companies.
The organization will definitely provide the visa to the husband and kids on the own expenses of the female employee.

Well, it really depends on where you are going to locate to. The price range that Vidodido mentioned is more for Muscat, if you are gonna live in Ibra, Nizwa, Buraimi, Sohar or wherever else, you will get a 2+ bedroom flat/villa between 150-350 OMR.

Will you live comfortably on 1000 rials? If that is after paying rent then yes. Remember, furniture alone will cost you around 500+ OMR.

Good luck

Thanks very much for your advice. I had not thought about the expenses of furnishing the villa. I'm still debating if the job is worth the move.

Good offer try to negotiate on  family VISA & HRA
Wife can sponsor her family
If you have need more detail write in  this forum you will get answer

rgds

i'm willing to work at oman as a waiter or kitchen helper please help me .. thank's.

Marhaban! w/ Salam
regarding about your offer its depend on your life style, my experience here in al buraimi which is one city here in Oman near UAE, 1000 Omani Riyals its quite nice salary. because here where i live the flat were rented is only 120 riyals, 250 riyals of food expenses with family of 3 children and my wife. 25 royal for 5Mbps high speed internet and phone/month, 10 riyals water bill/month, 20 riyal electrical bill/month, 50 transportation/month. you can rent a car it depends of what car you want. family visa yes of course you can apply for that because in the government ministry of health atleast 350 Riyals basic salary you can bring your family. my wife is the one who apply for me for family joining visa. well education here specially international school is very expensive. absolutely tax free.
thanks