New members of the Mexico forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

We are pretty much in the same situation, except I don't have the serious health problems. Retired teacher, 73, want to take a trip to San Miguel as soon as the pandemic allows to check it out with a possibility of relocating. I'm in Wichita Falls, TX now. Tell me about you!

Thanks, Steve. Where are you in Mexico?

Hi Narrow Sparrow,

I'm from LA originally and my wife (from the Philippines) and I now live in Baja Sur about an hour from Cabo. We love it here. I was checking to see if you finally made it down here?

Thanks,
Larry and Joy

Hi everyone,
Shortly my future wife and me,we are planning to move to Merida next year,February. For good i hope 🤞🏻She is from Cozumel , Mexico and I'm from Belgrade, Serbia.
Nice story how we met, :)
We will will you later :D

So we would appreciate any and all informations regarding jobs, life cost, actually any information from first hand .
Thank you all for help !
Talk to you soon ;)
M&G

Welcome Marco and Gabriela to ex-pat Mexico,

Merida is a large city but not as large as Mexico City. It's humid and hot in the summer. All the more modern conveniences are there.
It's more expensive than most of the neighboring cities. Jobs might be a problem since the pandemic. Mexico hires Mexicans first and a number of Mexicans lost their jobs when bars and restaurants closed. Yet more recently some restaurants have reopened for limited service.
Think about what special skills you may have to offer, and be financially prepared to wait it out.

Hello,
Thank you for your reply.
Yeah,i can believe .We are tracking all the news regarding pandemi and we hope until next year February will be done.
Regarding the job , we will stay positive and hope to have some offers before we reach there or at least we will try to search on the spot.
Whether , maybe i sound crazy but i would like that is always hot and summer 😋i hope I'm gonna get used to it fast😉
Thank you for all informations ,we appreciate that.

Search [moderated] they are going to help you to relocated in everything, and also all the doubts that you have, send and email that company they are very very friendly.

Moderated by Julien 3 years ago
Reason : please avoid promoting companies on the forum - we invite you to recommend them in the business directory instead

Hello, i dream of being in mexic, work from there as well , those who are there , tell me how you started?

Welcome, Zebia,

I started by doing a lot of research on all parts of Mexico. I also worked on improving my Spanish. When I found somewhere that looked like a good place to visit I began exploring places I might like.
There is a lot to learn and many places to visit.

thanks

okay noted let me explore more

Hola Amigos,

My wife and I have talked about retiring in Mexico for years but we still have a ways to go.  I jumped when I was offered the opportunity to work for Global Mortgage.  We finance US Citizens buying real estate in Mexico.  Now I get to take "business trips" to Cabo and Puerto Vallarta while I my youngest finishes with her high school years.

I am happy to answer any questions you may have about leveraging your retirement or vacation home.

I'm a retired (due to disability) foreign language teacher planning to move to the Yucatán for its climate (hot and humid is ideal for me!), its low cost of living, and its relative safety (from natural disasters, crime, war). I've lived in Mexico before (Colima) and kick myself for coming back to the US.

I haven't chosen the lucky municipio yet: somewhere tranquil within 15 mins biking/scooting distance from the beach...a beach where well-behaved dogs are welcome.

I have loads of questions, but, for right now, I think I need to be pointed in the right direction. When I moved before, my disability was not as great. But neither was my Spanish, so at least I have that in my favor.

Any suggestions/instructions/contacts appreciated!

¡Gracias mil!

Welcome, Pepe.

You may find this helpful given that it is specific to Merida and that area.
https://www.mexperience.com/mexico-news … ober-2020/

Thank you for the welcome and the suggested site! (I would have responded sooner if I had thought to refresh this page.) Mexperience is giving me some ideas to help in my rental search.

*some ideas to help in my search for a rental property not aimed at foreigners or vacationers.

:D  De nada Pepe

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=916027

Thanks!

Closed