Student Exchange in Mexico

Hey, I'm thinking about doing a student exchange in either Mexico or Argentina. Can anyone give me some advice of the pros and cons of each country?

I'm from Mexico and I've been to Argentina.

Mexico pros:
- It's very close to the USA.
- Credit cards are accepted almost everywhere and you can find ATM in every street.
- Restrictions concerning foreign currency aren't that tough.
- It's a very diverse country and the people are very welcoming.

Mexico cons:
- Some cities are very dangerous (cities near the US border are not to be visited as they're plagued with drug violence).
- Immigration laws are very strict and if you do not comply with them, you can get in trouble.
- Cellphone bills and phone calls are expensive.
- Most colleges and universities offer a low-level education and student-strikes are frequent.

Argentina pros:
- It's safe, with the exception of Buenos Aires and some areas in other cities.
- It's very cheap to live there.
- Lots of female beauty.

Argentina cons:
- Their financial system is very primitive, many ATM's only accept Arg cards, AX cards are not known in most places and it's a mess if you want to exchange foreign currency.
- If you need to buy a computer, a cellphone or any electronic device, their cost is about five times more expensive than in Mexico.

Hello,

I currently live in Queretaro, Mexico and I really enjoy it. I recommend it to you.

I don't know much about Argentina, but if you want to know more about an exchange in Mexico, I would consider having a look at this web-site students.com.mx. It has city-specific information. You can compare cities in terms of it's cost of living, safety, nightlife etc. Also you can find lots of helpful information such as visa requirements etc.

Try having a look.

Cheers.

bcemab

You have posted on and old post so you may not get any replies.

Does it look like I am expecting an answer?

I wrote it so that someone that could be having the same question can read. Read. Read. Not look at the dates and post a non relevant comment.

Hi,
I am conducting a linguistics project in Querétaro this summer and I am looking for participants. Would it be possible to get an hiur of your time over the next month or so?

[email protected]

And regarding exchange programs, I agree: Querétaro is wonderful. I spent a semester at the Tec de Monterrey and really enjoyed myself. The good is fabulous, the weather is perfect, the architecture is breathtaking and the colours are beautiful!!