New members of the Italy forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Italy forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Italy if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi husband and I bought a property in Tuscany in March last year.  Very proud of the results as I was project manager for 6 months to find it and liaise with estate agents and solicitors etc. Have now got residency accepted. Enjoying the beautiful sunshine and bright skies on sone part of every day - very good for the soul. The property has a fair bit of land and 121 olive trees 4 fig trees and a pomegranate tree.
At the moment we return to England about every 6-8 weeks to catch up with our close family and friends. Already feel accepted into the community and have made acquaintances and friends.

Hi all,

Single US Expat, lawyer and entrepreneur, born, lived and worked in NYC but most of my years in San Fran. Traveled and lived all over the globe. Moving to Ceglie Messapica in May of this year. Look forward to meeting other expats, making friends.

Good morning,I'm Erika from Philippines But working now in Hongkong . I want to in Italy to Enhance more of my experience in Life and self growth.Thank you for accepting me hereand hope we enjoyed every moments .

Ciao!

I think I posted my introduction on another thread, but here I am!  Currently we live in Southern California and are planning to purchase a small trulli/lamia/casale in the Valle d' Itria area at some point this year, with plans to move permanently to the area somewhere down the line.
My mother is from the Basilicata area and my father is from Sicily. I am applying for dual citizenship and learning italian. In the states I work as a psychologist and my husband Tony is a civil rights attorney.  We love the Apuglia area and have decided to stay in the south. We both hope to work at least part time when we finally move there...but for now, we are looking for a small "retreat" to escape to several times a year!   So happy to be on this site.  Molto Grazie!   angela

Hello and Greetings,

I am pursuing dual citizenship status ,currently living in Georgia U.S.A.
My grandparents were born in Caserta,Campania and of course, a prerequisite
involves the gaining of their marriage and birth records.
I'm thinking of gathering all other essential docs,and then traveling to that
location to personally attempt their capture (documents).
If anyone has any experiences to share, or knowledge on the matter, I would be
very grateful.

Meg

Well hello there!

I am applying for dual citizenship as well.  I am using MyItalianFamily.com for assistance.
All four grandparents were born in Italy but only one of them became Naturalized citizens. Fortunately, my sister had many of the documents so it was relatively easy. I also found my grandmother's signature on the Ellis Island ledger.
That said,  MyItalianFamily can help you with the documents if necessary.  It isn't cheap, but it does save you time. I sent in what paperwork I had (names, dates, towns they came from, etc) and they will determine what else you will need to establish your eligibility. I have an interview with them today to determine what else I will need. 
go to their website and just start reading....
buona fortuna!
angela

Hello,
I'm currently working on obtaining my dual citizenship through jure sanguinis. Last April I decided to quit my job, sell my house and do what I love! I've been traveling since, but I keep ending up in Italy. It must be in the family connection, I've decided to make a home there.
Looking forward to meeting new friends and working on my Italian!

Ciao!

I will be retiring in approximately 2 to 3 years. As this date approaches I am examining situations and places for relocation. Italy is one of them. I would appreciate hearing from other Americans, especially anyone from the Midwest, about the process of immigrating, cost of living, healthcare, drivers license, etc. Why the preference for the information from those from the Midwest? Because revenue and assets generated from California, NYC, Seattle are outliers. Nonetheless, all information would be valued and appreciated.

Am fiona born in Kenya and now living in Italy for the last 18 years, I love Italians, there culture, and there food, there very social I always feel at home here in italy