New members of the France forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Salut à tous !!!
I'm Bismark, from Ghana and a Senior high School teacher of French  and English language. I'm planning my journey to France and I need advice. Any Ghanaian on this platform ??? Please let's linkup.

Bismark Peprah wrote:

Salut à tous !!!
I'm Bismark, from Ghana and a Senior high School teacher of French  and English language. I'm planning my journey to France and I need advice. Any Ghanaian on this platform ??? Please let's linkup.

Welcome on our forum.

Take the time to read:
- Guides located under the "discover" tab
- Old discussions that you can even filter using the magnifying glass located next to your avatar.

Most of your questions have probably been debated many times.

Hi all

My husband and I are looking to relocate to France in the next few years.  We are starting to make the first few tentative steps and don't really see us making the actual move until Brexit is completed (don't even start me on that one).  We have spent the last 4 summers travelling through France, being drawn to the Cévennes and Burgundy mainly.

The greatest hurdle as I can see it will be finding work.  I have just turned 40 and a music tutor, teaching many instruments and whole class curriculum, I am highly adaptable and hard working. My husband is a photographer and has written articles for publications such BBC Countryfile and Cycling Plus, now semi-retired.

I am looking at English as a Foreign Language courses and opportunities in various areas of France and currently we think the Loire Valley would be one of the best places to relocate.  We have very basic level French and looking forward to developing it.

We need to start making contacts, getting creative about employment, finding some positivity.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who can offer any advice or help...

Liz H

Salut!!  Recently retired from the USA and looking to move to France. Have a couple locations I'm checking out. I'm currently in the country and now. Looking at Toulouse area. Any suggestions appreciated!

Hi, Julien!

I'm an American in the process of buying a little place near Mayenne in northwest France and am hoping to meet English-speaking expats (ideally who live in the region) to ease the transition before and after I finally relocate next year. I'd relocate sooner, but, you know, COVID...

I just left journalism after a long career, and am now a freelance writer with plans to return to novel-writing. My French is beginner's, but Duolingo is bringing me along.

I've read some relocation guides and am doing as much research as I can, but nothing beats firsthand experience and advice from those who've already blazed the trail.

Looking forward to hearing from you folks!

-Tamara

Hi, Harmonie!

I'm a fellow American, not in France yet, but hope to have a place in Mayenne by the end of November. Of course, I likely can't move until there's a vaccine for this coronavirus and Americans are welcome in France again. I think Mayenne isn't far from your area, right?

I'd love to hear about your experience as an American living in France! Any advice for those of us still trying to live the dream? Yes, I know it's not all the dream. And, yes, I'd like to know about the downsides, too.

I'm a writer who just left a long career in journalism and am ready to write a new chapter to my own life. France beckons!

-Tamara

hi Kbay
i hope you are doing well, my name is houcine, i am in Lyon and i suggest it as your next place to settle down, ready to assist you with any requirements.
kind Regards

Hi all,

My name is Kerry. I'm from Malaysia. I'm planning to move to Nantes, France in October if everything goes well. Currently I'm learning french with a native french tutor and I'm planning to stay in France for long term.

Does anyone know where I can teach English in Nantes and get a work permit to secure my stay in France for long?

Hello -- I am a sales professional, with many interests, Biking, Swimming, Skiing, hiking, etc etc. Live near Long Beach, I have a motorcycle - I am planning to live abroad perhaps - France - looking at Montpellier. Looking for information and friends. If you are new to California - don't hesitate to contact me.

Hello -- Best of luck on your move.  I hope to follow in a couple of years.

greetings and just wanna say sorry for the bad gramma right away
my name is nikolaj but everyone here call me niko or nikolaj (they strouggle to proounce it) i been living in france for few years after i meet my now wife and we decided the wisest choice was i moved to her

Hi
If you consider Lyon as a destination, then you are welcome

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum, I was going to move to France this spring, but we all know the situation. So my family and I will move there as soon it'll be safe.

Bonjour à tous!

Je m'apelle Ena, née le 10 février 1990 (30ans) à Sarajevo, Bosnie Herzégovine. J'apprends le français depuis 6 mois maintenant. Je voudrais trouver travail à Paris. Je suis designer UI UX.

Well, this is a little bit of a french that I can speak. I love french so much and it is really fun to learn this beautiful language. Currently, I am lvl B1.1. Apart from French language,I have been learning English since the age of six and I have been fluent in both oral and written English. 

I would like to make connections and try to find a job as a Product/UI UX designer in Paris. As I am still not fluent speaking french, I would be happy to find English working environment job wise.

As of my professional career, I have 5+ years of experience as Product designer working for lots of diverse initiatives, namely: Telecommunications, e-commerce, IoT projects (kiosks and car head-units), various startups and enterprises. Currently, I am working as a Product Designer in one of the top three IT companies in my country. I am also a member of Toptal community and as a side engagement and my free time, I work on Toptal, top 3% talent freelance platform.

If you have questions/suggestions or you know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a company that is looking for a designer, feel free to shout out. :)

I wish everyone all the best in their future endeavours! I'm looking forward to hear from people all over the France, not just Paris area.

Best,
Ena

Hello expat world,
been living above Paris for around 6 years now,had many a good year doing removals,furniture deliveries in the good old uk,now have an online french brocante business selling all things vintage,as they say Vintage is not just a thing of the past,unlike me,
enjoy being expats .

Hello fellow ex-pats,

I have been living in France for 22 years, originally from the UK I have been lucky enough to have lived in the Pays Basque, Les Landes, Gers & Charente .. finally settling in the Dordogne where I work for a real estate company as head of recruitment. Basically I recruit independent sales agents throughout France of all nationalities and I love it!

I shall soon be posting a job ad as I am new to this site so still finding my way around for anyone interested in finding out more feel free to message me :) but in the meantime bonne soirée à tous!

Lorraine

Hello,
I have been living in Brittany for 15 years and 8 years in Paris before that. I would be interested in hearing more about job opportunities. I am currently living in Rennes.
Bonne soirée!
Phoebe

Hi again Phoebe,

I have posted on the jobs section of the site so hopefully, that will go live soon :) or you can find me on Linked-In Lorraine Deuré ... have a lovely weekend  :)

Hi Lorraine,
Thank you for your messages.
I looked at your company's website. At the moment, I teach English and have recently started helping families with any questions or administrative problems they may face when moving here.
My last 15 years in France have been rich in learning and new experiences.  I have put three children through school here (Preschool - University degrees) , started a company, rented appartements, and bought and sold houses.  My latest experience was moving to Rennes, which turned out to be quite difficult despite speaking fluent French and understanding the French culture. 
I would like to put all this experience to use helping others go through the same changes.
If you ever hear of families or individuals who would like help with a move, I would be pleased to answer their questions, help with translation and administrative problems or with any other complications they may face.
You (or anyone else) can contact me anytime. My email address is ***
Have a great weekend
Phoebe

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Phoebe,

Wow sounds like you have accomplished great things, I love these French cities but not sure I could live in one now, I like the peace and tranquility of the countryside and my London days are long forgotten so the Dordogne is where I'm at although the lure of the Cote d'Azur and it's beaches is thought for retirement!

Looks like we can't share email addresses on this site so I will wait to hear from you via our website. We can send you the online recruitment brochure from there and you will receive that from me or my colleague Lisa (maybe Max but he generally goes into meltdown when he has to send emails in English  :lol: )

Being an independent sales agent allows you to do exactly what you have detailed above but you also get to find and sell that dream property to your clients who then, if international, will require all of the assistance for administration, etc so worth bearing in mind that as a self-employed person you can have more than one string to your bow.

Anyway onwards & upwards day one of another busy week, have a great one, and hopefully, hear from you again soon.

L

Greetings everyone. I am passionate about living in France. I hope my dream will come true soon.

Hello Mai Chichi,

Welcome to Expat.com  :cheers:

Could you please tell us more about you?

Are you planning on working or studying in France?

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team.

Hi all,
I am looking to move across to Brittany In January. My only worry is finding work...I've been looking online before I come over but am struggling with finding anything.
I can speak broken french and am trying to increase my language skills before I come over.
Any advice or support would be great :-)

Clare Cooper wrote:

Hi all,
I am looking to move across to Brittany In January. My only worry is finding work...I've been looking online before I come over but am struggling with finding anything.
I can speak broken french and am trying to increase my language skills before I come over.

You will also have another hurdle due to Brexit, will be best if you move before January.

Hi,

Thank you for the great idea. I m a French woman but I miss the international life. I m from Toulouse and maybe can advise you to our nice city and region : culture, arts, leisures and French / English tandem.

Welcome in Toulouse anyway , Magali

Hi Julien and Hi everybody,

I m from Toulouse, France and I come back from 2 years of expatriation in Malaysia.

I wish to meet in Toulouse foreigners for an English/ French exchange of conversations and friendships.

If you want, I can also give you some advices to discover our lovely region and city !

I m interested by travels, yoga, creations.

Welcome in France to all expats ! Have a beautiful day, Magali

SimCityAT wrote:
Clare Cooper wrote:

Hi all,

You will also have another hurdle due to Brexit, will be best if you move before January.

Given that the situation, not a good time either to come in France. But the Brexit won't be applied directly the 01/01, above all with the conditions. And I heard that UK an EU are discuissng to keep some relations and exchanges. So maybe workers will be concerned.

But anyway, finding a job it will be very hard because the increase of unemployment rate...

Work a lot your French!!! I don't know what area you are looking, but good French is mandatory.

Merci bian

Salut

Hello All,

I am Jeevana Gogula. I completed my Masters in Marketing at Paris School of Business and currently looking for full-time opportunities as a Business Developer.

I have previous experience of 3y and 8m as a Business Developer in the field of Ed-Tech, Health, and Digital Marketing. It's really nice to meet you all here. ::)

hi im rickyb, its my dream to move to southern france and i am looking for an online dating forum for french ladies

Hi Lorraine,

I am currently in sales and I wonder what opportunities there may be in France for an American looking to move there?

hiimrickyb wrote:

hi im rickyb, its my dream to move to southern france and i am looking for an online dating forum for french ladies

Hello,

This forum is not a date forum. Moreover, meet someone by internet, why not but don't forget that you must have a long relationship for several months/years with meetings each other. Embassies are very suspicious about this kind of relationship. They estimate it is jjust to give papers, above all if you are African.

Davicorle wrote:

Hi Lorraine,

I am currently in sales and I wonder what opportunities there may be in France for an American looking to move there?

Hello, yes, there is job in sales but let me say that you need to get, to be a "plus" for the company to be able to have the authorization to work. Indeed, employers must prove he can't find a local and resident for the job and sales area not misses of candidates... Maybe except if you are a Manager or a similar position. Also, you have to speak French.

Bonjour Julien,
This is our first day on this site. Extremely interested and eager to get to know all and any information to hand that will make our transition easier

Greetings everyone,

My name is Adrien and I was born in Toulon, France about 39 years ago.
I have spent my entire life as an expat, having grown up in Africa (Madagascar and Mauritius), we then moved to Asia where I spent almost 2 decades (Thailand and Laos). I also had professional experiences in Bora Bora, Dubai, Morocco, USA and Spain.
I recently returned to France (after a 35 years hiatus) but I'd like to keep in touch with expats living on the french riviera.
Feel free to contact me shall you need a translation job or any infomartion regarding settling down or if you just wanna hang out and grab a beer.

I am looking forward to meeting new faces so let's catch up soon!

OK, here goes.

I'm a 67 year old retiree and my wife and myself are considering buying a second home for extended breaks to France. Through the pandemic I have spent endless hours looking at properties, areas, pondering if a town or village would suit us best and in all honesty we're still not much wiser.

We have a modest budget (up to100k) and would like somewhere we could move into with little or no work to do, not sure if we're being realistic with that?

I could probably list 100 question I would welcome assistance with.

I look forward to any help that may be available.

Chris.

Hi everyone,
I've recently moved to Perpignan from London, and the dust is gradually settling.
I'm a documentary and portrait photographer, video producer and web designer.
I'm interested in getting invovled with environmental and social justice related groups and activities in the area, connecting with people in general, and establishing myself as a freelancer.
I would love to hear about other people's experiences.

Hello Everyone,
Penny here!! Originally from Sunny Miami, Florida. I moved to France in 2018 as an Aupair and still here!! Found love, a new career opportunity and learned a new language. So, its safe to say that quitting my job of 8 years in the States, packing up an moving abroad was a great idea! (Even though everyone thought I was going through a quarter life crisis lol )
Currently my partner and I are living in Paris but we are moving to Bordeaux end of January.
HE loves to surf and I enjoy Hiking and the outdoors among many other things.  So, If there are any Surfers or outdoor enthusiast we would love to get the chance to connect. Of course, Once this whole COVID-19 pandemic settles down.
All the best! =)

Hello!
I am Zala, 18 years old and currently living in Slovenia. I am ending high school in half a year and planning to move to France for a little bit but since I have no experience in working abroad or anything that comes with moving from your own country I joined this website to meet some new people, get some advice from you, hear some beautiful stories of yours and see if some jobs may appear in this time :)
I am looking for some fruit picking jobs or any kind of job that kinda does not need any bigger experience, because I only have high school education (to start with... If anyone has any kind of experience I would be very very thankful to hear them...)
I also cant speak French at all but I speak English pretty good, I think hehe.
I tried surfing this summer for the first time and I fell in love with it... So I am looking for a city near sea where I can surf and work too.
I am prepared to work anywhere outdoors actually with location near sea...
So yeah, I hope everyone has a beautiful end of the year and next year too :)
If anyone out there is planning to move to France and do some seasonal work or whatever next year, you can contact me :)

Closed