Land registry

I have very recently received an Email from the land registry advising me to register my property in the following areas...Kastoria,Florina,Evia,Achaia,lacona,Chios,Corinthia,Argolida,Messinia,Magnesia,and Sporades.The cut off date is Nov 29.It can all be done on line and information about this can be seen on line I expect as new areas are gradually done,it says failure to register does not mean loss of property but the owner will meet problems if they wish to sell as all the information on property ownership will be available to symvolio,lawyers and prospective buyers on line,thus speeding up sales of property etc..Im in Corinthos area and did mine earlier on in the year when they called before,its quite painless really,not too stressful.

Just to add here about the above that it will also make the procedure of inheritance much easier and will outline the size of the land exactly so that should there be a neighbor who over the course of time decides to take or lets say steal a little here and there of your land you will have it on the registry just how it was,the size it was.My husbands mother had to sell a piece of land she had in the end because a neighbor kept stealing some and he was a police man.I know of a couple who turned up to their land and found a house built on it, in the days when the local council planning departments could be easily bribed to turn a blind eye,not so easy now but it happens.Always fence your land as soon as you buy it,metal posts and very strong heavy duty wire.And be seen to turn up from time to time.