Registering a birth in Greece

Hello everyone,

Have you had to or are you going to register a birth in Greece? What was the experience like?

Who is required to register the birth, and where? Can it be either the mother or father?

What documents are usually required in Greece?

How long does the process to register a birth take? Are there any time limits in which the registration must be completed?

Did you register the birth with your home country and how did that process compare? Will your child be able to have dual nationality?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hi !
I would be interested in knowing answers as I will face the case early 2018 with my first child to come, who will born in Greece!

Also, I would ask if, being French and non married, our kid will be recognized by both the father and myself, or only by myself ?
Should we be married for the kid to get both family name of the father and the mother?

Thanks in advance for the help !

Pauline

if you are unmarried you can elect whatever surname you want. If you want child to have both surnames, then register with him. Better still. dont register. Let your child to be free!

Phoebos, I am interested in the whole thought of naming a child. In a healing way the idea of an individual renaming themselves (even if they reaffirm their given name) can be a powerful tool.