Greek citizenship by descent

guys and girls i'm going to take Greece citizenship by descent

ho knows how much time I have to wait?

@david anastasiadis David your lawyer will tell you all about this application,what you need to do,the costs,the time and basically tell you of your rights as an applicant.

I'm going to do it without lawyer

going to go to embassy

in embassy they told me That it was too hard take citizneship

Why exactly ?

@PhilIpZ20201

nobody knows  ,they has no answer on this question

I would be entitled to it too (my mother was Greek).

A very simple thing in the rest of Europe: a family record and a birth certificate!

In Greece noooo! They asked me for the most absurd documents (which then didn't help) ... Nobody knows anything about them: there everyone interprets the law in their own way.

I've been on the ball for a year now.

But let's forget it! If he were at least a Swiss or US citizen...

I would be entitled to it too (my mother was Greek).
A very simple thing in the rest of Europe: a family record and a birth certificate!
In Greece noooo! They asked me for the most absurd documents (which then didn't help) ... Nobody knows anything about them: there everyone interprets the law in their own way.
I've been on the ball for a year now.
But let's forget it! If he were at least a Swiss or US citizen...
-@itqbba

If you are Italian why would you want Greek citizenship?

@david anastasiadis  Hello David, I can tell you from my experience that its not that difficult or too much time... if you have all your papers in order and a bit of luck on your side.  If I can get more info from you, I can try to guide you, and you don't have to follow everything they tell you.... they give different procedures to everyone and make you run around wasting your time and money.

I did it all myself (for myself and my sister) in 2019.

I have been trying to get it by decent, but have not had any luck getting my Grandmother's Birth Certificate. She was born in Chios in 1904. She married my Grandfather from Cyprus and they moved to Alexandria, where my Mother was born a British Citizen. She then moved to the UK and married my British father.

The Consulate said they need my grandmother's Birth Certificate or to prove it was destroyed(!) They are very unhelpful! We have my grandmother's British Passport. A lawyer in Chios found her father, my Great Grandfathers Birth Certificate, but the registry office there had nothing after 1890. We suspect it was destroyed during the 1912 liberation.

Any suggestions?

@jtb1409 Hi,go to.....SovSpot.....on line and you will see much useful information for this subject.Also after that consult with an experienced Greek lawyer perhaps from Athens Go to...Lexidy...on line,a law company.

Are great-grandchildren of a Greek national eligible for Greek citizenship? Some European countries only allow up to 1 generation (children) or 2 (grandchildren), hence the question.

@lreis04I I think if your parents,the children of the greek grandparents are greek and born here,it says if they are not then those greek parents would have to become citizens first,its all on line,take a look,bit complicated.