Car shipment to Egypt

I'm going to Egypt for visit and I want to take my car with me and do it as triptych have anyone done it before? Can anyone tell me what the things I have to do and all the fees thanks .

Why not rent or lease in Egypt?

Hi

Importing your vehicle into a foreign country can prove to be a costly and complex process, but if you do the research and arm yourself with a great auto transport company, it doesn't have to be overwhelming.  Egypt has two options for importing vehicles; temporary or permanent.  Both are based on the length of time the vehicle will remain in the country.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Egypt
Certificate or Origin.
Passport.
Registration card.
Non-sale certificate.
Official certificate of manufacturing date.
Invoice.
Proof of insurance.
Bill of lading.
Valid B1 Visa.Permanent Import
Vehicles imported into Egypt permanently must adhere to a certain set of rules as follows:

The owners of used vehicles must present proof that he/she is the first AND only owner of the vehicle since the manufacturing date.
For new cars, the vehicle must be shipped within the first year of being manufactured.
All cars are subject to customs duties and taxes.
Custom duties range from 40%-135% based on the valuation of the vehicle.
Taxes vary between 10%-35%.
The vehicle's valuation is calculated based on the CIF (Cost, Insurance, and Freight totals) and that total is how the duties and taxes are determined.

The Egypt Customs website is a great resource for preparing to ship your vehicle.  Please be aware that because rules and regulations are constantly changing, it is in your best interest to contact someone in Customs directly to ensure you have a good handle on what needs to be done beforehand.

Typical cost to have an auto shipped to Egypt would be around  $ 3500. which is substantial.
If you are going on a vacation cant you rent a car locally?