Cost of living in KL

What is the cost of living in KL (rent rates) for a single person , and ideal monthly salary to save some money and existing. Tax rates

An ideal monthly salary could be RM30k or RM40k. You could definitely save a lot of money with that salary.

Rents vary depending on if you are willing to rent a room or an apartment of a house. For a 2 bed room apartment it can be below RM2k per month if you are living out of the city and probably more, perhaps RM3k or RM4k if better located and RM6k or RM8k is you choose somewhere more exclusive.

Why don't you tell us more about your the job you are trying to get?

Hi,

Thanks for the details, wonder if that is a realistic figure what you have mentioned as ideal salary (30K or 40K) is that monthly or annual?

I might be in a middle management layer of the organization and dont expect more than 12-15K RM per month, will be a single person , with my family back in India

regards

Sure it is a realistic salary for some, but it depends on the job level and so on. A local bank manager might earn RM15k - 18k per month. So I think RM15k per month is fine for middle management. Accommodation is easy to find and you will surely find somewhere not very expensive to live. Food is also not expensive, even street food and nasi kandar is inexpensive. As for tax, you'll get your answers for those familiar with it, I have never worked in Malaysia, just lived there.

Thanks