Finding job

Hi there, how to find job in sao paulo as a english speaker?  I am not engineer or manager like that.  I want to do any lowest work like Daily helper, cleaner, or seller.

So can you tell me how can i find this kind of work??

Please help me, i need work.

You will not be able to work legally until you have your Labor Card:  "Carteira de Trabalho e Previdência Social".  Once you have your CRNM, you can obtain your Labor Card easily, by going to the State Labor Department and applying.  You apply in person, they take your picture and your fingerprint, and you go back to pick up the card (which looks like a passport) in a few days.
Once you have your Labor Card, just start making the rounds of firms that contract cleaners, etc.  It won't be easy:  the economy is weak, employers have a strong preference for Brazilians, and it's particularly hard for a person who doesn't speak Portuguese to get a job these days.  But you may run into something.  Since you speak some English, you may want to see whether language schools are hiring cleaners, groundskeepers, and so on.  Good luck!

Badol919 wrote:

Hi there, how to find job in sao paulo as a english speaker?  I am not engineer or manager like that.  I want to do any lowest work like Daily helper, cleaner, or seller.

So can you tell me how can i find this kind of work??

Please help me, i need work.

If you already have your Carteira de Trabalho (Labor Card), your largest asset would be your command
of Portuguese. Ads in papers or signs at establishments are in Portuguese. You can also walk in into supermarkets, restaurants and establishments to ask for vacancies. Sharpen your Portuguese!

Can someone with tourist visa get the card? I have just 3 months visa , its possible to get the card?

No. You need to be a permanent resident (CRNM ) then apply for Carteira de Trabalho.
See the above posts which detail the process

Thanks for that, and how do i go about getting a resident permit with just 3 month Visa?

Unless you're married to a Brazilian, the two "easiest" (still pretty hard!) ways to obtain resident status in Brazil are:

1. Have an employment contract with and be sponsored by a Brazilian company before you leave your home country.   Your new employer will need to apply to the Labor Ministry to approve your entry.  This takes several months, and is almost impossible to do in Brazil.

2. Invest at least R$500,000 (five hundred thousand reais) in a business, approved by the Labor Ministry, that will generate jobs in Brazil.

There's no way to get a CRNM or a work permit on the basis of a tourist visa.

Not to chastise you, but going to a foreign country with no advance knowledge of how the immigration system works is not a good idea.

Whatever you decide, do not overstay your visa and attempt to work  illegally. You will only be making a much bigger problem for yourself in the long run.

KenAquarius wrote:

Not to chastise you, but going to a foreign country with no advance knowledge of how the immigration system works is not a good idea.

True, but a bit of wild can be fun.
I did exactly as you describe, loved it, and even became a citizen, so it can work out.

As for staying illegally, yep, duff idea.

Glad it worked out for you, but l believe you are the exception. Most times it turns out not so good, and people end up being taken advantage of in a very bad way.

Fred wrote:
KenAquarius wrote:

I did exactly as you describe, loved it, and even became a citizen, so it can work out.

Fred
So you are a Brazilian citizen?
Your Bio is interesting as to helping others legally!

Texanbrazil wrote:
Fred wrote:
KenAquarius wrote:

Fred
So you are a Brazilian citizen?
Your Bio is interesting as to helping others legally!

As to what I understand, he´s British who became an Indonesian citizen due to marriage and duration of stay in Indonesia.

Doc just wondering why give advice as to Brazil? Laws are very different and can really get many in trouble. With saying "wild can be fun" with immigration's in Brazil is not something PF chuckles!
No more nice trips to airports with PF BIL, he was transferred. It was an education in leaning things behind the scenes.

Texanbrazil wrote:

Doc just wondering why give advice as to Brazil? Laws are very different and can really get many in trouble. With saying "wild can be fun" with immigration's in Brazil is not something PF chuckles!
No more nice trips to airports with PF BIL, he was transferred. It was an education in leaning things behind the scenes.

Brazil is very serious about migration - you´re right. There are people who get away with things
whether through luck or just plain stupidity - where govt just want to get rid of you without appearing to be too petty. People call the police because you are parked suspiciously at a neighborhood. And for sure they´ll come. If the Policia Federal don´t get you, the Policia Militar or the Policia Civil will. "Wild can be fun" is not something to immerse in in Brazil. Lots of police depts to contend with.

With enough bad luck, you can be shot by police or lose your head (literally) at a predominantly muslim country like Indonesia for having "a bit of wild can be fun."

I can relate a story about the police here. A few years ago l was at the federal police station in the airport here in Rio. I was there to extend my visa. There was a young guy (like a college kid) with a back pack talking to an officer at the desk. The guy turned around and started walking away from the cop. I still remember the kid has sort of a smirk on his face. The cop told him to come back but he kept on walking. Then the cop yelled “ AGORA!”  The kid kept walking. Next thing you know 3 cops came out, picked him up and slammed the crap out of him on that marble floor. They cuffed him and carried him off.  I never did find out what he did, but you can bet your ass the next time a cop gives an order he will obey.

Texanbrazil wrote:

Fred has a tendency to insert himself into situations where his knowledge doesn't apply.  Usually harmless enough, although not necessarily in this case.