Dependent visa after visa rejection for a wife

Hello everyone. Here is our little story:
I'm working here under KEI program with 30k+ salary and residing here 2 years 2 monts. (4 months as a student, the rest under work permit).
My girlfriend (non EU, I am non EU as well) applied for student visa for 3 months and she got refusal because: "your intention to leave could not be ascertained" or something like that.
So now, we are planning to marry at our hometown and apply for dependent visa for her. But I don't fully understand what exactly we need to do and are there any risks to get rejection again.
Do I understand right that she need to apply for tourist visa (FAMILY REUNIFICATION TO JOIN A NON-CITIZEN OF EU)? And from my side I have to provide declaration of proof that I'm going to be  her sponsor?
Or better if she apply for visa of any another country and then she come here and we apply for family reunification in Malta?

Waiting for any tips or contacts who can help.
Thanks in advance!

Anyone?

best to talk to a professional, these kind of forums tend to give you advise from personal experience - i guess no-one has had personal experience.

Besides, you appear to be on a clock and its a life changing situation, don't mess around with dodgy strangers on the internet, get professional advise.

volcane wrote:

best to talk to a professional, these kind of forums tend to give you advise from personal experience - i guess no-one has had personal experience.

Besides, you appear to be on a clock and its a life changing situation, don't mess around with dodgy strangers on the internet, get professional advise.

Hi mate, thank you. Perhaps you know some contacts?

I've use John Huber but several get mentioned here regularly.

Hi dear reader,
as a stranger I would like to give you the following advice. Once you are married you have the right to bring your wife across. You will be her sponsor and whilst over here she could apply for a work permit too. It would contravene the EU law to tell a married man you have to leave your wife behind in your homecountry. Any professional advise you will get from Immigration Advocates. I have seen one at Palazzo Pietro Stiges 103 Strait Str. Valletta  Just check the yellow pages of Malta under the category Law Firms.

It would in fact not contravene EU law, alas this happens all the time in the UK - who are still part of the EU.  What happens with TCNs is to a large extend up to the country in question.

volcane wrote:

It would in fact not contravene EU law, alas this happens all the time in the UK - who are still part of the EU.  What happens with TCNs is to a large extend up to the country in question.

Such a request can legally only turned down by the respective authority if they can prove the applicant does not have sufficient funds to support his/her spouse. Therefore legal advise is sometimes helpful.

hanselmar wrote:

Such a request can legally only turned down by the respective authority if they can prove the applicant does not have sufficient funds to support his/her spouse. Therefore legal advise is sometimes helpful.

Correct, hence my suggestion to get legal advise earlier in this thread :)