Vietnam,...a Vietnamese_American expat's perspective.

I felt sorry for his Vietnamese wife. Hopefully she knew whom she married into and hopefully the Trump's USCIS will not allow her to immigrate to the US to spare her from confront racisism.

jryan wrote:

I felt sorry for his Vietnamese wife. Hopefully she knew whom she married into and hopefully the Trump's USCIS will not allow her to immigrate to the US to spare her from confront racisism.

Just the same in VN, racism exists in every country.

colinoscapee wrote:
jryan wrote:

Just the same in VN, racism exists in every country.

I spent a few days in Rach Gia with my friend from the North who lives in Saigon. For the first time since I'm here in Rach Gia they charged us 50% extra than normal price. 100K for two bun ca plus some extra fish in a bowl. Isn't this racism for you? I told my friend it was all her fault :lol: Next time we'll ask for the price first.

Sorry, that's not racism to me.  That is greedy.  Know your price before you purchase.

jryan wrote:

Sorry, that's not racism to me.  That is greedy.  Know your price before you purchase.

You may want to check the meaning of racism...discrimination is part of racism.

jryan wrote:

When the determination to charge you more is based on your ethnicity, that is indeed discrimination, as well as being greedy.