Saudi Immigration at Dammam airport from India

Dear all,

Greetings of the day.
Peace be upon you all

I am coming saudi on work visa , but the category is labour and by profession i am engineer. And i do understand that its common in KSA that people  work as engineer in labour visa.

Currently i am not bothered about getting family and all, whats haunting me is the immigration at saudi airport , i am curios to know what all questions may come from the saudi immigration officers .

How to clear immigration at saudi?
What should i say if they ask me for which work you are here.?
Will they ask me to show any educational documents or something similar to prove my authenticity of getting the visa endrosed on my passport?

Please i request you all to help me in clearing doubts regarding the immigration , i never travelled to any country. And this would be the 1st i am travelling to saudi .

Please do share your valuable comments and tips to clear the immigration .

Thank you all in anticipation .

Regards ,
Waseem

Received no response , there are so many experts here . No one responded feels so sad  :(

You posted yesterday.   Barely one day has passed.  None of the experts are employees of expat.com but volunteers who devote their time for free i.e. we have full day lives of our own.   

This leads to the first tip for coming to Saudi, learn patience, as without it, you will suffer a lot in Saudi - nothing here happens on time or as you want it to :).

Saudi immigration will barely even talk to you.  They will take your passport, take your fingerprints and a photo, stamp the passport and hand it back to you.  This process, especially at Jeddah airport, will take a LONG LONG time if you are unlucky i.e. flights from Pakistan, India or Bangladesh land at the same time as you (full of new visa labor coming to Saudi).   Dammam is supposed to be better nowadays.   The tips are simply:

1) Follow the lines for "New visa" - usually an officer will be standing there directing people.  Don't get into old visa / residents  or GCC nationals queue as you will be turned back by the officer when you reach the window
2) When you get handed back your passport, just make sure that on top of the visa, the immigration officer has written a number in Arabic by hand.  This is the border number and will be needed for literally everything related to your Iqama
3) The photo that is taken will remain with you for life in Saudi and will be used on Iqama / driving license etc.  So try to land having shaved recently without hair standing on your head and look straight into the camera - they won't let you see the photo or allow you to pose for it :)
4) In the off chance that immigration asks you anything; just stick to what is on your visa i.e. I am going to be working as labor for "sponsor name" and that is it.  No more, no less - definitely do not say Engineer or show any degrees.   This profession thing, though common, is illegal.   But as I said, the guy at immigration, most probably, won't even bother to say hello to you if that

Dear XTang thank you for the information indeed its helpful.

Great day ahead.