Minor US citizen overstayed in the Philippines

My niece is a US citizen of Filipino parents with no dual citizenship. She came to Philippines when she was a year old & now she’s 12 years old. She wants to go back to US, how much would be the penalty? I read it would be costly & my sister is a single mom & financially tight. I read in one blog that my niece can use a Philippine passport to enter a non visa country. Then come back to Philippines with US passport.  Would that work too? Pls advise.

Bro:

The penalty is shown below:
If you are a foreign national staying in the Philippines without valid visa, it may be a business or fiancé visa, and have been overstaying given the valid month(s) of stay, here are the list of overstaying charges that could be given.
(1) One Month Overstay     ₱4,000.00
(3) Three Months Overstay     ₱13,000.00
(6) Six Months Overstay     ₱18,000.00
(12) Twelve Months Overstay     ₱30,000.00
(2) Two Years Overstay     ₱60,000.00
(5) Five Years Overstay     ₱150,000.00
(10) Ten Years Overstay     ₱300,000.00
(15) Fifteen Years Overstay     ₱440,000.00

Divide it by 52 to arrive at the estimated US Dollar.

Bebesalle :

My niece is a US citizen of Filipino parents with no dual citizenship. She came to Philippines when she was a year old & now she’s 12 years old. She wants to go back to US, how much would be the penalty? I read it would be costly & my sister is a single mom & financially tight. I read in one blog that my niece can use a Philippine passport to enter a non visa country. Then come back to Philippines with US passport.  Would that work too? Pls advise.

Have you tried applying for a dual citizenship for your niece?

FilAmericanMom :
Bebesalle :

Have you tried applying for a dual citizenship for your niece?

I understand that because of Jus sanguinis, the niece is indeed entitled to a Filipino citizenship. But
they will look at her US passport of when she did arrive in the Philippines and would complicate the matter.

Going to another country with a Philippine passport: how would she get a Filipino passport if she´s not even a Filipino citizen?

Best solution: Go direct to the US Embassy in Manila to get her US passport by presenting her US Birth
Certificate if she has one. If none, ask her mom to send one. If the mom does not have one, she can obtain one from the county recorders office where she was born. If she was born in any American state or territory or in an American plane or ship at international waters or airspace she is - by virtue of Jus soli a natural born American. If the US embassy asks for her passport, she can present her old passport when she was a baby. If lost, just tell them you lost it during the years of stay in the Philippines. They can´t penalize a natural born American especially in a foreign land where she needs protection. To protect the rights of citizens is one of the mission of US embassies or consulates...

robal