Advice moving to Turkey (Istanbul) with Husband and 2 small kids

Hello everyone,

My husband is considering moving all of us to Turkey (we are Arab Canadians living in the Gulf). Specifically Istanbul for business.  I could use some recommendations for where we can move, neighbourhoods that have nurseries, preschools and schools as well as a family oriented community.  We will be looking for a 2 to 3 bedroom accommodation and since we aren't vastly familiar with the city (visited twice) its important that key locations be at walking distance (grocery store, schools, parks, shopping centres, medical centres etc.).  Also might consider finding a job and hiring a part time or full time au pair.

Any advice would be great and I appreciate all feedback.

Regards,
Annousse

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello annouse

Have you searched the forum? I have answered almost all of similar questions soon. If there is an issue you cant find, feel free to contact.

Thanks

You will be lost without actually coming here, spending good 2-3 weeks and seeing different neighborhoods. The beautiful thing about Istanbul is there is a neighborhood out there that you will fall in love with it. The problem is, there are too many of such neighborhoods. Until and unless you don't come to stay here in different locales (keep shifting your hotel every 4 days) and travel by metro, bus, and tram, take taxis to understand how near and far you are, you will never really get the hang of the city.

My advice to EVERY new person coming here is - to rough it out for one year. Rent an economical place, learn the in's and out's of the city and then make the move to a more acceptable place to your heart after a year.

Hi Annouse - just wanted to see how you're getting on. Have you moved to Turkey? I am in a similar boat to you I have 3 children and the husband and I are planning to all move to Istanbul.

Hello Annouse, How are you? I saw your post about moving Türkey. ***

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : No advertising on the forum please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi
How are you doing, I am thinking the same, to move my family to turkey please advise